VS SS tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lowace
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

Re: VS SS tuning

Post by lowace »

Yeah OK Antus thanks, so what your saying is leave the closed value at .5 volts and don’t touch the throttle gain.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

First check for a tps error code. if there is, check the hardware. If not you should be able to log the tps volts, not percent, key on, engine not started and see the high and low volts pressing the throttle. If its close to 0 and 5 put the tune back to stock. Key off and on and pump it a couple of times and it should learn % and show 0-100%. If volts are far out then look to fix the hardware and if its aftermarket and you cant, then look to the tune to see whats possible as a workaround with some tradeoffs (resolution).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
lowace

Post by lowace »

Hey guys here is a quick log of the TPS volts and %. I plugged the stock throttle body in to get reading of what it does and the set the 4 barrel unit up to the same parameters of .2v at closed and 4.06v at wot.
Not sure if this is correct but let me know what you guys think, I also have put the throttle gain back to its stock setting for baseline purposes.
Thanks all for the input it really helping me learn.
Attachments
Throttle log.xdl
(16.52 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Sounds lot's better
lowace

Post by lowace »

Well touch wood, I took it for a run and seems to be shifting through the gears ok. It is flaring in power mode when hard into it but this I can work with in time. Now to get back to the tune.

Dylan if it’s ok when I get this wideband hooked in I’ll send you the latest bin and log to have a look over.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Yep send it on, make sure the read out in tuner pro is accurate.
lowace

Post by lowace »

Righto guys here is a run with the wideband hooked up and calibrated into tuner pro, seat of the pants feels like I am slowly starting to have a win with this thing, there are some spots that need attention which I'm sure you guru's will see. Please feel free to make changes to the bin where you think they are needed.
Thanks for all the help it is actually starting to get enjoyable. :D
Attachments
Stu's SS.bin
And the bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Test tune.xdl
Here is the log
(209.68 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Can anybody see data from this log? I get nothing displayed, other logs i have on hand work just not this one plus another I had sent from lowace via pm has same symptoms.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Had a quick look. I’m not getting nothing. It’s like it’s recorded nothing, it plays but no data is playing back.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

you can give this bin a try if you like
Attachments
Stu's ss OSE_$11P V104 BLCC V8 __Stacked.BIN
(128 KiB) Downloaded 194 times