VS SS tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lowace
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

VS SS tuning

Post by lowace »

Hi guys just wondering if someone could please run there eyes over my bin and help me diagnose my running condition.
When cruising at light throttle the car runs really lean around 17.1afr and struggles to keep at 100kph and then when I put the foot into it to speed up or taking off it runs really rich around 10.1afr. Not sure what to do here I'm a little out of my depth, I have tried adjusting the VE but not having a lot of luck.
I have just built the new motor for the car and got it started and running sort of ok using parts of tunes which were close to mine, the following is the motor specs.
Its a stock stroke 304 with 10.5.1 comp, smallish roller cam 216-220@50th, edelbrock manifold and 1375cfm 4 barrel throttle body, also has ported heads and lt1 springs
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:
Attachments
Stu's SS.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS SS tuning

Post by Dylan »

I got your PM, I'm on my phone until later tonight.
Have a look at your log. Find the part where you're at 100kph and have had a steady throttle for a couple of seconds.

Get the rpm and map points, say 2000rpm and 50kpa.

Increase that point in the VE table. Use the CalcVE feature in the adx as a good guide for where it needs to be.

You want to take readings from steady throttle part's of the log so there's no se at play to throw off the VE error percentage.

AE us almost the last thing you do fuel wise.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Have you turned off lean cruise while your tuning it?
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks guys
Dylan I will try work out the calcVe i'm assuming that its when using a history table,

Lean cruise box is not ticked so I'll take that as its turned off.

Thanks for the help hopefully these aren't stupid questions.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Force open loop as well. Calc ve is a display item when replaying your logs. History tables will lead you a stray real quick. Stick to watching the monitors
lowace

Post by lowace »

I have forced open loop and will go for another cruise. I had a look at the VE and Ve alc when sitting on 100kph my kpa is 72 and VE65% and the VEcalc is 99%, Does this mean I need to add a shit load more fuel or not.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

What injectors are you running. If your ve is up around 100% you may need to drop it by 10% and increase injector flow by 10%.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

lowace wrote:I have forced open loop and will go for another cruise. I had a look at the VE and Ve alc when sitting on 100kph my kpa is 72 and VE65% and the VEcalc is 99%, Does this mean I need to add a shit load more fuel or not.
Sounds like your wideband isn't wired to the ECU?
lowace

Post by lowace »

I'm still running the standard injectors.
Wide band isn't hooked up to the comp yet I will try and sort that today, is it pin D8?
I took it for another cruise last night and just tuned off watching the wideband and the data tracing on the VE map and It's deffinateley smoothed it out a lot.
Thanks heaps for the help guys.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Without the wideband wired in calc ve won't work.
Good to see some progress though it's good fun when you start getting some gain's out of it.