VS SS tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lowace
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

Re: VS SS tuning

Post by lowace »

Righto guys lets try this one, I think I may have had the wrong adx as the dashboard is different now.
The log is with the stock tune, Wade I tried using yours but was way to rich.
Dylan I have found good success in using you 355 11p ve map with some changes.
Let me know what you think and sorry if the adx has been wrong.
Attachments
stock bin run.xdl
(177.09 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Yeah I thought I may have been. I’m working on transferring the vn group a bin over to 11p at the moment. That bin was based around the vn sv5000.
Wade

Post by Wade »

I’d say your particular setup would want less fuel down low
lowace

Post by lowace »

Your spot on there Wade, even with the stock tune it’s rich down low. Why is this the case I thought it would be lean everywhere due to the higher comp and manifold ect.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Because the factory banana manifold flows really well low down. Most people don’t realise just how well they flow down low. They were designed to make max low down torque which is exactly what they do. All the after market manifolds move that flow range higher up at the sacrifice of low end. The banana’s even flow more down low than the factory group a twin throttle manifold
Wade

Post by Wade »

The log is finally working my end. Also you may find it easier when saving your logs if you put in the time, date and any special notes like what your trying to target. Say wideband ve learn cruise log or something like that. It makes it easier for you to reference it later. Another thing you’ll find handy which I also try to do. Is open a note pad and write in all the changes you’ve made to your bin as you go
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I've got an 11P bin I'll post up. Single plane intake and small cam. Was running a manual trans though. Didn't pull very hard though.
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks Wade for the advice, this log was just for some feedback on how you guys thought it was looking with just the stock tune.
Dylan yeah post it up, my manifold is a dual plane so low down isn’t so sacrificed. There was a guy on here with a wagon a while back with a stock stroke engine with 4tb similar to mine, I think he had a little more can than mine and a manual but from memory it was into the 12’s. I would be more than happy to run those times.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I know the one I done some tuning for him too, it had a big solid cam in it. Went real well.

Ill have a bin for you soon. You need to learn to use flash tool or tuner pro to flash in a new cal. Really need to start fresh here.
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks Dylan that would be good.
I have been looking at the flash tool and pretty sure I could nut it out.
That log though was done on all the stock settings again, as in its back to the standard set-up except for the wideband scalers and the forced open loop, these are the only changes in that bin now. Is there something in the background that will affect it that I'm missing.