VS SS tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lowace
cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute

Re: VS SS tuning

Post by lowace »

Yeah small steps but slowly making improvements.
I am having issues with the auto not kicking down and not shifting properly, this is the series 3 tranny out of my Ute will this matter?
Also does anyone know what the max volt on the tps is at full throttle, only asking as I’m a little Sus on the proflow one which come with the throttle body, thought this may be causing the issues with the tranny as well.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Full throttle is usually around 4.9 volts.

The auto may not be best suited to the standard calibration. 11P is based off a VR calibration from memory.
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Have a look in tool development, it’s called trimslizer narrowband something or another. It’s pretty cool. Allows you to use your narrowband readings for tuning fuel
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks for the feedback.
I have made some more tuning adjustments on the fly and getting pretty close, should be able to smooth out with the wideband from now on.
I will try the narrow band tool thanks Wade.
The Auto now seems to be my biggest issue it will only change up gears only when the rpm hits 3000, It will not kick down at all, I have adjusted the TPS so at idle its sitting at .5v so this should be right.
Does anyone know if I can use this series 3 trans with the 11P or do I have to take it out and put the series 2 one back in, would rather try to make it work first rather than have to climb under the car again :roll:
I have no idea with the auto settings so if someone could chime in that would be great.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

All the 4l60es should work fine the shifting is all speed vs tps and will probably be way out using the 4 barrel tb
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Post up some logs
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
lowace

Post by lowace »

Thanks for the reply Delco, I have adjusted the gain on the tps so it reads 99.6% at wot and 10% at closed, it’s running at 4.9v closes also. Is there something else that needs adjusting?
I will get a log up shortly.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

10% while closed? Be good to get it under 1%
lowace

Post by lowace »

I can’t get it below 10, if I take the throttle gain back to far I loose the 100% up top.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It'll auto range, set the bottom and provided it goes high enough it'll scale automatically. It'll throw a DTC if the volts are always too low, and you can tweak that level, but at the cost of resolution. You should not need to do this. Use the TPS volts monitor and set the range there, dont worry about % as you'll be chasing you tail as the pcm tries to figure out whats going on.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396