TROUBLE BURNING NVRAM AFTER CORRUPTION

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
poq250

TROUBLE BURNING NVRAM AFTER CORRUPTION

Post by poq250 »

Hi All,

I have a vr ute with a vt v6 engine transplant which i have started to tune successly with a nvram conversion on a 808 ecu. But as i was working on a tune something happened with my laptop and i have lost the ability to connect my ecu to my laptop. I found my nvram was corrupted but i cant write a bin onto my nvram. I have tried various stacked bins as we as stacking my on bin and only goes to 25% then comes up with write failed. Has anybody had this trouble before or any clue how to fix it.
delcowizzid

Re: TROUBLE BURNING NVRAM AFTER CORRUPTION

Post by delcowizzid »

Sounds like a bad connection to an address pin of the nvram in the zif socket of your programmer.or are you trying to program it with a memcal header adaptor and the nvram still on the nvram board that doesn't work
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
poq250

Post by poq250 »

No header adaptor just straight to the programmer. It did it once before but changed lead and fixed the problem.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Try write the stacked bin included in the $12P .zip file download instead of your own bin?

If that works you can then just upload your cal section with tunerpro
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

How old is the DS1245Y chip? They have approx 10 year life as the internal battery goes flat.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Is it a pcmhacking nvram board if so the battery should still be ok my nvram board is the first v1 version and still kicking just fine
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
poq250

Post by poq250 »

Have tried writing the stacked bin included in 12p zip file still does the same thing. Everything was purchased 2 mths ago.