How can I bypass the immobilizer VATS? So that I can start

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
PeterA
cars: Holden Rodeo 2002 petrol 2.2L C22NE engine

How can I bypass the immobilizer VATS? So that I can start

Post by PeterA »

I have another ECU here from the wreckers that I want to use in my car. It has the rfid key thing, has a ICU box at the steering wheel area that the key anntenna plugs into. Then it goes to the ECU and if you have the correct key it will allow you to start the car.

How can I bypass this so that I can start the car engine and use the replacement ECU. It's on a holden rodeo ute 2.2litre.

I think you can do a VATS delete on the memcal with holden commodores, just not sure if that can be done with my rodeo memcal. I think you can also short out some wires going between the ECU and the ICU under the steering column??? on some commodores....

I can't afford to go to a auto locksmith to have the 2nd hand ECU matched to key, ICU, ECU etc etc.

Surely there is a cheaper DIY way to do this?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: How can I bypass the immobilizer VATS? So that I can sta

Post by antus »

I dont think there is on rodeo unfortunately. There was another thread asking the same a few months ago with no result. In the end that vehicle owner was going to try to use parts from the second ecu to fix the fault in the first as there was no other option.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396