Innovate MTX-L Wideband O2 Sensor ISSUE

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Last_Carton
cars: VT Sedan Acclaim II 3.8L V6

Innovate MTX-L Wideband O2 Sensor ISSUE

Post by Last_Carton »

hi all,

I have recently setup an innovate MTX-L Wideband O2 Sensor in a VT. I'm using "The1's Enhanced factory" ecu files. The equation I have used when setting up the sensor was "(((22.39-7.35)/255)*x)+7.35" however the gauge was reading 13.6 and TunerPro was reading 16.8. I change it to "(((22.39-7.35)/255)*x)+2.60" and it was reading correctly. now today I have tried to take some AF readings and the calculations where out again, gauge 13.2 and TunerPro was 12.4

my question being, is this an O2 sensor issue or could it be something else?
Regards Jordan
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Innovate MTX-L Wideband O2 Sensor ISSUE

Post by vlad01 »

The innovate WBs have known to have issues due to their inadequate grounding design and possible other quality issues.

The best solution that proves extremely accurate and reliable result is the 14point7 spartain2 controller and a genuine Bosch LSU4.9 sensor Biggvl on here has taken the time and effort to talk directly to Bosch and supply us with known genuine units as nearly everyone on the market is a china clone.

See the for sale section and look for those listed by Biggvl. He stocks them for the forum users to purchase. Also stocks all other genuine hardware needed.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

As above, where is your O2 sensor grounded.

One test you can do is to see if the reading vary as you turn on/off electrical loads like headlights or aircon etc.
Last_Carton

Post by Last_Carton »

Thanks vlad01, i already have the innovate wideband setup and dont really plan on buying another setup.

Cheers immortality I will give that a go
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

The MTX-L has only 1 earth which is for the entire unit. There is no separate earth for the O2 sensor. They say directly to the battery is the best. I have one in my EVO and it works fine out of the box. My formula is different because I am logging it with a Tactrix unit but I have done comparisons and it's pretty accurate. You have gone through the calibration procedure?
Last_Carton

Post by Last_Carton »

Thanks charlescrown. The gauge it self reads accurate its the data that the ecu is getting and being shown in tunerpro that is inaccurate. Could this still be a grounding issue? Im about to test the electrical loads like immortality said above.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

That sounds like a grounding issue. Ideally you need to ground directly to the block as that is where the PCM is grounded. There is a technical term for it but it escapes me atm...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

theres no need to replace the mtx-l .... if its reading something then the issue lies else where....

for starters, have you plugged into the mtx-l to configure the analog outputs to make sure they are actually set on the numbers that are in your calc ? everything needs to match for it to be right.

if all that is correct then i'd be looking at grounds and such as others have suggested.
Last_Carton

Post by Last_Carton »

Everything seems right to me, im going to run a lead from battery Neg to my grounding post by the A/C tx valve then ground the gauge there instead of the trans tunnel.

Thanks Holden202T yes i have plugged in and everything is setup like it should be.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'd be more inclined to put a ground between the mtx-l and the ecm and see if that helps.