VS 5L Auto Map ADX & XDF for Vats Off

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Holden202T

Re: VS 5L Auto Map ADX & XDF for Vats Off

Post by Holden202T »

L67VSTY wrote:After install of 11P into VS ECU 424 5L auto I am unable to start the engine in a VK commodore.
I have attached image of VAT settings
VAT.JPG
which I used the default if someone could advise if this is correct please or what else i could check.
There is no injector pulse but it does have 12v power at the injectors and also no spark at the spark plugs plugs.
The fuel pump primes but has no power when cranking & I have left the cranking bypass power supply off at this stage due to the type of relay I have used but will change this to the correct one.
I just realized I haven't checked if the 12v ignition power to the ECU & EFI relay is still there when cranking or if it drops off.
Cheers
If its into a VS then you shouldn't need to disable vats, just tick the VS Anti theft system options (the two far right in your pic) ... then untick the two middle ones (vats disable), also check the aldl message scheduler (in the flash tool) to add the VS vats stuff as per below.
2014-07-03 - aldl config 2.jpg
2014-07-03 - aldl config 2.jpg (120.98 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
I cant remember but i think they were already in there and i just added the two speed fan settings....
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

Thanks for the helpful info I can't get to the car until the weekend but here is an update.

I know the ignition module has no earth it is just sitting on the guard not bolted down at all, I will fix this up and check for power at ignition circuits while cranking and see what happens.

It is not in a VS anymore it is a conversion the engine & transmission was taken out of a VS (1996) & put into a VK (1984) with no BCM.

Thanks again for your time & help.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok in that case VAT off for sure :)

definitely want the ignition module grounded, i've seen sparks come off the mount of one of them that just had the bolt loosely in it to get the engine running!
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

Car is now running, mounted & grounded electronic ignition module as suggested and found there was no ignition power anywhere while cranking due to original removed engine harness for 6cyl EFI motor had a connection joining a wire for cranking and ignition together allowing power while ignition on & cranking. Thanks & much appreciated for your help guys.