VS 5L Auto Map ADX & XDF for Vats Off

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: VS 5L Auto Map ADX & XDF for Vats Off

Post by delcowizzid »

27c512 generic or most manufacturers will read it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

Thank you again I get mixed up trying to work all this out, if it helps anyone else out I tried using the info from (Getting Started Guide Postby VL400 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:03 pm) The memcal contains an EPROM (27c128 in the VN/VP and 27c256 in the VR/VS). I don't like to bother you guys but I don't know to much just trying to learn and don't know if old posts are still up to date or additional info has been found later or how to tell. Thanks again for the assistance.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Vr and vs manual is 27c256 vr and vs auto are 27c512 for extra code for the electronic auto transmission
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

Fantastic delcowizzid that helps out heaps is it the same for the VN/VP 27c128 in that thread or both manual & auto use the same one? and this is just for the 5L is that correct. Thanks again
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Vn and vp auto manual v6 v8 are all 27c128.vr v6 and v8 and vs v8 manual 27c256 auto 27c512
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

After install of 11P into VS ECU 424 5L auto I am unable to start the engine in a VK commodore.
I have attached image of VAT settings
VAT.JPG
which I used the default if someone could advise if this is correct please or what else i could check.
There is no injector pulse but it does have 12v power at the injectors and also no spark at the spark plugs plugs.
The fuel pump primes but has no power when cranking & I have left the cranking bypass power supply off at this stage due to the type of relay I have used but will change this to the correct one.
I just realized I haven't checked if the 12v ignition power to the ECU & EFI relay is still there when cranking or if it drops off.
Cheers
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

The two on the right need to be disabled, "vehicle anti theft system = VATS"
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Should have spark even without an ecu plugged in so dfi might not be getting power will stop your injector pulse too
L67VSTY

Post by L67VSTY »

HI BiggVL

How do i disable the 2 on the right ?
If I tick the set box doesn't that mean that VATS for a VS is turned on ? I am understanding that if Set is ticked then =VS Anti-Theft System is on or have I misunderstood & it should be opposite ?

To Delcowizzid

This is a 5l V8 not the V6 with DFI it has one coil and a ignition module with the finned alloy housing should this be the same still spark with no ecu?

Thanks
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Still the same should have spark with no ecu it just gets switched 12v via the old plugs that were by the battery check its getting power while cranking make sure the ignition module is bolted to a good earth.the vats flags just tick vats disabled don't worry about the vr vs vats boxes cause youbarnt using vats