VY Calais LS1 Conversion - BCM/PCM/PIM What do I need?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Whyzee

VY Calais LS1 Conversion - BCM/PCM/PIM What do I need?

Post by Whyzee »

So I've just got my hands on a VY Calais L67 and looking at an ls1 WH over the weekend as a donor vehicle.

I understand I will need to buy a VY PIM and loom. Can I use the V6 bcm and relink with new pcm/pim?

Will the dash loom need to be replaced, or just the engine loom? Is it plug and play like the older ones - just feed the engine loom through the firewall and plug in as required then have it linked with tech 2?

Never really had anything to do with ls1's before so I'm really not sure of the best way to go about it. Cheers!
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: VY Calais LS1 Conversion - BCM/PCM/PIM What do I need?

Post by krusty »

Whyzee wrote:So I've just got my hands on a VY Calais L67 and looking at an ls1 WH over the weekend as a donor vehicle.

I understand I will need to buy a VY PIM and loom. Can I use the V6 bcm and relink with new pcm/pim?

Will the dash loom need to be replaced, or just the engine loom? Is it plug and play like the older ones - just feed the engine loom through the firewall and plug in as required then have it linked with tech 2?

Never really had anything to do with ls1's before so I'm really not sure of the best way to go about it. Cheers!

Use VY LS1 PIM/ PCM/ BCM and dash cluster with same key head.

VY L67 dash loom is fine to stay and is all plug and play.

Good idea to upgrade the fuel feed line from L67 5/16" to LS1 3/8" and will need LS1 pump with reg in built or just run a reg at the rail and keep the very capable L67 pump in place after programming fuel level sender to dash cluster accordingly. Series 1 vs series 2 VY senders read inverse
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Thanks mate LS1 conversion has just been finished and all seems to work as it should. Much better than the l67 and sounds much better too. Just needs a tune now and i'll be happy with it/

Needed the complete VY loom,pcm,bcm,pim and keyhead. Cluster can stay but needs to be recalibrated. Used a series 1 pump and changed to the V8 fuel line to suit. Auto trans selector/safety switch needed to be changed - got one off a v6 from the wreckers for $10.

BCM/PIM/PCM can be relinked if they're from different cars but it gets difficult as you need the security codes for each module which can be obtained from holden with their respective production VIN. I found a complete set from a WK with the same BCM level and works perfectly.
RusS-T-P
cars: VF Calais V L77 6.0 litre
VY Calais L67 (being converted to LS1)

Post by RusS-T-P »

Hey mate, sorry to dig threads, but I’m also in the process of doing this. Did you have to change the tail shaft too? Any other pointers you could give me? TIA