Dash Cluster

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
jacomms
cars: Commodore's .....what else?? :-)

Dash Cluster

Post by jacomms »

Hi guys

Many (MANY) months ago I read something about VY or VZ (I think) clusters been used with 11P/12P as a retro fit but cant seen to find reference to it at all....was I dreaming??
delcowizzid

Re: Dash Cluster

Post by delcowizzid »

12p or 11p could output aldl to the bcm and dash when used in vt vx etc if I remember correct for those map conversions lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
jacomms

Post by jacomms »

Yeah Im fine with that.....I just had something in the back of my mind of a VY dash being retro fitted into something else and running from the 8192 ALDL stream. I had it in my mind SRS & ABS needed to be disabled in the cluster.

Either that or it was another dream that sounded like a neat idea in the morning.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I recall exactly the same thing. Had thought about it running MAP in a later car or even pre-ecotec in a VY or similar.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
jacomms

Post by jacomms »

I have a 1 Tonner project in the back burners that keeps getting pushed further and further away.....my plan is for a custom dash for that 1.
But I have just finished 2 complete rewires 1 being a carbie and the other efi. I was asked if I could make a VY HSV dash cluster work in a torana with a VR 5.0 and Auto.
I was sure this was mentioned on the list some time back...... gettin to old to remember maybe ;-)
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

VL400 has working in his VL.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=92&start=40