VE iQ S2 - Enable Reverse Camera?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
daggmano

VE iQ S2 - Enable Reverse Camera?

Post by daggmano »

Apologies if this is not the place for this sort of thing, but just wondering if anyone has been able to map out the bits to flip to enable the reversing camera, RSE, IMV, etc on a VE iQ S2 unit? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Re: VE iQ S2 - Enable Reverse Camera?

Post by oldn64 »

daggmano wrote:Apologies if this is not the place for this sort of thing, but just wondering if anyone has been able to map out the bits to flip to enable the reversing camera, RSE, IMV, etc on a VE iQ S2 unit? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
Not barking up the wrong tree this is definitely able to be done. I just have not done it myself and have not played with it yet. I do know that there is a difference between the nav models and the non-nav models whihc means you cannot put nav into a non-nav model. There is another forum for this but they seem to not share as much as here does. I would love to know myself as I have a nav model to go into my SS which is the wrong colour (blue not red) is for a Sedan (not a wagon) and comes up with the HSV logo (not the holden one) all these are options but not sure where they are in the bin yet. I also know that I need to put my VIN into the unit otherwise it will lock (but will run without BCM as there is no VIN check in this state).

Sorry I know I have not actually answered the question BUT yes it is possible.

cheers
oldn64
daggmano

Post by daggmano »

Thanks oldn64, if I hear anything or am able to find out more I'll try to post it here.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

daggmano wrote:Thanks oldn64, if I hear anything or am able to find out more I'll try to post it here.
Hello daggmano,

That would be great. As sharing is the only way that the car scene will continue and the younger generation will be able to continue the "sport" without huge expense.

Clearly we are not looking to do dodgey things but like with anything some people will abuse the privileged. Good luck, If I find anythign further I will share here as well. :thumbup:

Cheers
Oldn64