How to activate police mode on ve ss with tech2

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Vess

How to activate police mode on ve ss with tech2

Post by Vess »

Does anyone know how to do it i have a tech2 but can't seem to do it.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Re: How to activate police mode on ve ss with tech2

Post by oldn64 »

Um,

Is not police mode just a large digital speed display? Normally this is just through the menu button on your steering wheel and displays on the centre of the dash.

cheers
oldn64
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

There's probably settings to control lighting as well, EG headlights can stay off or dont automatically come on with ignition, and doors can be opened without turning on interior lights. I imagine it would all be settings in the BCM.

Not sure why you would actually want any of them features though?
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Not sure but it might be a gds2 function. Ve only just scraped in to the tech2 when they first came out and the tech2 software updates ended. The version numbers kept increasing but the software features did not. It would be a setting saved in the dash.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

There is also some different wiring with the overhead console having an additional switch.
When they sell the ex police cars the disable the switch, problem is by default it is active, so after a flat battery it defaults to police mode and dash and radio lights don’t work.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

yoda69 wrote:There is also some different wiring with the overhead console having an additional switch.
When they sell the ex police cars the disable the switch, problem is by default it is active, so after a flat battery it defaults to police mode and dash and radio lights don’t work.
Yes this is stealth mode and there are extra wiring looms to be able to turn this off (when installed). As part of the sale they should have remove the plug which the ECU/BCM knows is no longer plugged in and thus cannot be re-enabled with the issues of the flat battery. However, I have seen a number of police cars sold even with the extra module that sits in the engine bay which controls things like front indicators will not flash with the police lights on but sides will etc. If you get one of these cars you can put a claim in to have it resolved. As this is not a function that a public vehicle is to possess. I know they do other stuff as well but I cannot speak of these. (confidentiality clause).

cheers
oldn64