Dumb ass question about wideband

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Dumb ass question about wideband

Post by The J'rod »

Hi all,
This is probably a dumb ass question but what connector do you need to crimp or solder on the end of the wire to plug into b10 pin for wideband.

Cheers
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Dumb ass question about wideband

Post by Charlescrown »

Not sure really what the dumb arse question is. Your wideband will have a 0-5 volt output wire and you just need to add the extra wire to the ECU plug. Any wire from an old plug will do and solder it together. Good luck and ask all the questions you need. The guys on this forum are all helpers.
The J'rod
cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute

Post by The J'rod »

Maybe I didn’t explain it well, if I went into a automotive store let’s say repco or supercrap I couldn’t get a new connector to crimp or solder onto the output wire from the wideband gauge , to plug it into the b10 slot on the ecu plug, do I have to go to a wreckers to try and pop out the connector and wire out of an old ecu plug that’s been cut off.

The reason why I said it’s a dumb question is everyone on here talks about putting the wire from the wideband to the b10 or a5 input on the ecu as there spare, but I can’t find anything on here about how you actually connect that wire in, so I assumed that it must just be common knowledge on how you connect that wire into that b10 lot on the ecu plug.
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

The connector to plug into B10 OF the ECM/ECU is a dedicated connector designed just for the Delco. I have not seen it used any where else. Most people probably just cut it off an old loom.

I can send you one free of charge if you pay postage. Just send me a PM.
Last edited by kojab on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Do you mean where do you get a spare pin?

Most people just remove one from an old ecu connector or remove a wire they aren't using and use that.
I've got plenty if you need a few
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
buzzard

Post by buzzard »

It is not a dumb ass or stupid question if you have to ask it. It's a perfectly valid question.

12146448-L is the Delphi part number for 0.8-1mm² wire, which is approx 17-18 AWG. That's the stripped wire, and about the size you would use for that application

If you want to lookup any other parts the connector series is Delphi Micro-Pack 100.

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Apt ... h97SvHc%3d
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Like most have said you can get the wire with terminal from an old loom. Any of the ones with thin wire are suitable. If you get stuck pm me and I will put one in the post.
Is that Mouser a US or Aust company? Wow big company. Don't think they would send out 1.
Last edited by Charlescrown on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Sometimes people will move the narrow band signal wire to there and cut off the end of it. Fit a connector to the other end and a matching to the wideband wire to and it can be an easy enough set up.
buzzard

Post by buzzard »

Charlescrown wrote: Is that Mouser a US or Aust company? Wow big company. Don't think they would send out 1.
US. Free freight for most orders over $60 AUD. Think they will if you pay the freight. I thought RS Components or Element 14 in Aussie might have them, but not so.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I got all mine from EFI connection in the states but I made orders of a few 100 to make it worthwhile.

I too looked on RS but they doesn't have it, but they do have some others I needed which was handy.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.