PCM questions regarding L67 Swap into VY

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VYL67L03
cars: Vy Top Swapped L67 Supercharged Ecotec, Automatic soon to be Turboed

Re: PCM questions regarding L67 Swap into VY

Post by VYL67L03 »

Sorry to dig up an old thread but hopefully there's someone that can help me out I've recently completed an L67 top swap on my Ecotec engine but I'm having alot of dramas trying to get it running I have flashed in The 1's enhanced bin for Vy flash pcm, Vats off, I have around 60-80 psi cranking oil pressure, has fuel pressure, decent spark, It fires but shuts down immediately so I thought it was to do with the VATS system but have double and triple checked everything in the tune and vats is definitely off, it does still have the standard Ecotec fuel injectors but alot of people said that it will still run with them, Someone please help me :cry: :cry: :cry:
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Yeah it should run as a normal emotec would but don’t put it under boost if you get it going, unless you like your pistons in the sump.
Have you got the fuel line plugged in the right way?
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Yeah aye that's what I've been thinking I'm just trying to get it to idle at the moment pretty sure the fuel lines are on the correct way I've also tried switching them around with no luck either
vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

I know you tried swapping the lines, but just so we know they are correct it is as follows one the fire wall.

Top line=fuel to injectors
Middle=from pressure regulator
Bottom=purge solenoid
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Yep just double checked them and they are in the order that you said, Also just wondering would the boost bypass system affect it from starting as I'm not using the boost bypass solenoid ?
vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

No that’s irrelevant at the moment. Before you reflashed the pcm, did you try starting with your original tune that matched the car? Was the car running before the swap?
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Yes I've tried with the original tune, Yes it was running fine before no dramas what so ever it's really starting to do my head in lol
vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Ok just checking the basics. Is the brake booster line on? Is the maf plugged in and the right way round?
I don’t want you to blow yourself up so do this at your own risk! But have you tried spaying something like “ start ya bastard” or wd 40 etc into the throttle body to see if it runs longer?
VYL67L03

Post by VYL67L03 »

Yeah is that the thickish hose that connects from the brake booster to the U bend piece on the back of the charger ? Yep maf plugged in and is the right way I can still see which way the arrows are pointing for the flow, Nah I haven't tried any of that stuff as yet but I will to tomorrow, The airbox and everything is connected and fine and should work but while cranking I sometimes hear an air sound like it's a leak from somewhere which is why I thought of the boost bypass actuator as one of those vac lines is missing but I've seen alot of people that just remove that and do the bypass delete
vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Ok. Just block off the hole even though they normally will still run. One more thing, have you got your spark plug leads on right? I just have to check so I know what’s been checked.
Passenger side is 1-3-5
Drivers side 2-4-6