help with erasing eprom

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
delcowizzid

Re: help with erasing eprom

Post by delcowizzid »

What memcal header are you using to program
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Programmer connection error I reckon if some are ff then they should all be ff if the window is clean
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Ken

Post by Ken »

seanlivingstone wrote:hey mate im in diggers rest so west melbourne but will happily drive most places in vic tonight to get this nugget running in the morning :lol:
Yeah I'm a bit too far away, northern nsw, I know from other postings that there's a fair few vic posters that hang out here, maybe they could help you out.
Though I'd happily send you a blank chip monday if all else fails.
seanlivingstone
cars: vy ss
vy calais super 6
vx commodore
vs manual v6

Post by seanlivingstone »

somehow left it in the eraser longer, reinstalled the usb driver and got another usb cable and It wrote first go... thanks heaps for the help everyone
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Good stuff probably a shitty usb
seanlivingstone
cars: vy ss
vy calais super 6
vx commodore
vs manual v6

Post by seanlivingstone »

Yeah that's what I think it might have been :comp: if anyone of you legends want to check out the "build" I done a little write up here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6130
Ken

Post by Ken »

delcowizzid wrote:If its a cheap grey chinese eraser max 5-7 minutes or you will make the chip real slow to respond.
It's not the first time I've seen you make that statement regarding the chip slowing down with regards to erasure time, is there literature that supports that as a fact, would love to read it.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

With the erase the angle of the light can make a difference too. I have a grey chinese one and the memcal doesnt fit in properly, so I find I need to erase it for 5-10mins on one side, then flip the chip over to change the angle of the light hitting the window as I cant get it fully erased from the one location. Thats a different type of programmer but I thought i'd mention it here.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I have the grey chinese eraser, I take the little drawer out and cut a slot in the base so the entire memcal will slide in so you can position it directly under the lamp.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The toothbrush sanitizer converted to an eraser, 15+ years ago erasers were going for upwards of $220, this cost me a tenth of that, the cheapest alternative at the time, fits one memcal nicely on the bulb.
SmlEraserF.JPG
SmlEraserF.JPG (28.31 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
The addition of a cap and power supply plug, though still runs on batteries, have yet to flatten any, seems to consume little.
SmlEraserB.JPG
SmlEraserB.JPG (24.15 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
Then a few years later ended up with a full size one.
LgeEraser.JPG
LgeEraser.JPG (32.21 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
Wondered if I could find the original silicon chip article online via wayback, didn't, though found someone else that's done the same mod to the same sanitizer, probably based from the same article.