help with upcoming build

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Built-vs-t5-ute
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

And as for aftermarket even the ecos have a big following for mods now days and you can even stroke em to 4.2-4.3 sometimes even more. There are plenty of parts out there for em and there not expensive to build either hense why it's my choice of engine. Plus the biggest difference is the old Buick is off centre and not even fire either. High power builds give them some issues. Ecos are on centre blocks and even fire making them more balanced aswell
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

There is a lot more for the 80s buicks with several heads, blocks and manifolds etc on offer. These are the mans v6 where ecotec is more entry level stuff. chalk and cheese when is comes to the market and the performance levels.

Some examples. Not to be confused with any V6 in aus, these predate everything we have here. The performance potential went down at the end of the 80s for the v6

Also they were on center as well, it was 70s that were off center and had non split journals.

http://www.taperformance.com/products.asp?cat=141

http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail ... d=TA_V3800
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Lots of strokers for ecotec yeah but you can get a high enough flowing head with big enough valves on them to really use them hence why you don't see many being done very often .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

I've never really heard of pre Buick 3.8 but I wouldn't know enough about em to worry about the stress of a conversion. As for your comment Delco that's not entirely true. You can get nearly 2 inch valves and cams that give the heads .6 inches of lift so you can make them breath extremely well (as that is what I'm doing. I'm even going as far to get the head machined for lsx springs to put massive 250lb dual springs in it so I can make the most of every degree of the cam.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Bit of a change in topic tho guys. Been told by a couple guys and been looking into the ignition limits of the stock ecu. Would it be wise to possibly look at a wire in ignition control module? Can they work with the factory ecu?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VL400's module + LS coils.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2913
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

Unfortunately he not making them at the moment
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Does it support driving LS coils? I think he said in a reply that they don't work
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

If they support LS coils and can do the things written. I'll pay him more than asking just to make one. Don't car how much they seem wicked cool
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah most ls coils, just not ls2 truck coils.