help with upcoming build

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Built-vs-t5-ute
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

I must have read it wrong of like one of there advertising pages on a different website my bad I can't either now lol. Either way a 6 speed conversion seems to be the way to go. What are shatter shields/ how do I make one? I do agree I don't want clutch in my foot lol
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

you won't have your foot cut off in a v6 if the clutch goes. Lucky thing is they are much more forward than a v8 at the clutch location to the point that the plane of the clutch is in front of the firewall. But still not a bad idea to have a shield to protect spectators at the track.

Not sure about gear boxes exploding, pretty sure manuals don't fragment like autos due to autos having drums and stuff like that which can fragment in centrifugal forces where in manuals its just mash up of teeth when they blow up. I could be wrong on that though.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Yeah true definitely not a bad idea haha I'll look into it. Another question tho. Anyone know what's better? Nvflash and free software or worth paying for kalmaker system?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Just get the gear off here its much cheaper and works on modern laptops
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Yeah but does kalmaker support better stuff? Cheapness isn't a worry mostly with this car
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It supports 'more stuff' yes. You pay for different ECM/PCM support and features and you license per pcm, though I think they've reduced the price and bundled packages. But you'd need to ask them what the current deals are. You'll need an old laptop with an old school physcial serial port (cant use usb), and a printer port depending what interface you use. You'll need to know how to install dos do dos memory management and a dos mouse driver. And the video card needs to be supported by the mid '90s graphics driver (windows drivers dont count, since its not windows). Your best off with a 20 year old laptop but that also comes with its own set of downsides. You will spend a lot more, and it will be harder to use and keep working, but if you want 'more stuff' then, well, it does have 'more stuff'..... The biggest one being MAP support on the MAF pcms on cars where they want to keep the original PCM (more relevant on the later models). You dont need it as a card MAF can handle big airflow while remaining on MAF but people still tend to want MAP.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Far out didn't know you had to go to that length for it lol that's just crazy. I do want map but I'd guess that 3 bar would be the max for a kalmaker system too so not much benifits. Nvram doesn't do spark cut/2step/antilag does it? Or does only kalmaker enable that on board.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That's hardware level stuff. VL400's ignition module supports those features and is highly recommended as it can drive LS coils which are much needed upgrade when boosting. So you can hit several birds with one stone with that module.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Yeah but the rev limit is a button on the box and to set you have it running at half the revs. It doesn't seem very accurate as revs fluctuate a fair bit
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396