help with upcoming build

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Built-vs-t5-ute
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

hey guys first poster here :) new to this and commies in general but have been into building turbo cars for a couple years now, thought id make a post to say hi and suck as much info as i can from all you hacking legends out there. looking to gather as much info computers wise as i found it hard to get specifics on the faq page. im in the process of purchasing a 95/96 vs factory manual ute and going turbo with a l67 bottom end and alu heads and many many many more goodies. i want to know what the best setup/chip for the ecu in the vs is, im here to learn and happy to answer any questions if anyone is keen on the progress of my build! thinks in advance guys :turbo: :turbo: :turbo:
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Dylan »

What gear box will you be running? T5 or Getrag?
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

well technically neither but i believe its based of the t5? ill be odering a build transmission from america with straight cut 1-4 and partial helical 5th for highways. rated for 900+ ponies ;) its froma company called pro motion performance i think. there website says its the gm/ford t5. im wanting to have hydraulic clutch and im not sure if the vs ecu can do speed density can it?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

If it's a T5 variant fit up our speed sender and re wire to suit the VN ECU woikdtbe the best way to go about it. Running VN ECU with 12P code. Bit work on the wiring but not overly hard.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

what is required to re wire the vs to a vm/vr ecu?
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

would i be better off maybe buying a vr ute?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The vn to vr v6 were the buick v6, and the vs is the ecotec, so its a different engine. It sounds like you have the hardware pretty figured out so I think you should rewire it for the vn/vp/vr v6 computer variants. Grab a computer and a loom and fit it up. Most the hardware will be compatible, but you'll need a map sensor (2 or 3 bar depending how much boost you want to run - and you need to find reliable items in a market flooded with rubbish) and need to check the coolant and maf sensors. It shouldnt be too hard.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah fit vn 808 ecu and a good quality 2 or 3 bar map sensor change the coolant sensor to vn with a suitable brass adaptor and fit a vn knock sensor. Also fit the inlet air temp sensor from a vn in the stock vn location in the driver's side intake runner and you are away with ose $12p software for the ecu from on here in the custom code section
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

ah ok true so vs were changed wiring wise. only asking as the less wiring id have to do the better. im aware that there buick tho but whatever chassis i got the engine would be changed. will an l67 bottom bolt into a buick commy? if it makes it less of a wiring job it might be worth buying a vr manual ute and just swapping the engine parts i want in it. yeah i know the hardware i want lol been researching for a while. still deciding if i wanna try and push the l67 stock bottom to see were they fail just from power as no one seems to know. top end will be able to go as high as i want. alu head, hi ram intake, 7875 precision turbo, cams, port/polish and the works haha but yeah not sure if i wanna go stock bottom or forged
Built-vs-t5-ute
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

delcowizzid wrote:Yeah fit vn 808 ecu and a good quality 2 or 3 bar map sensor change the coolant sensor to vn with a suitable brass adaptor and fit a vn knock sensor. Also fit the inlet air temp sensor from a vn in the stock vn location in the driver's side intake runner and you are away with ose $12p software for the ecu from on here in the custom code section
can you go higher than 3 bar?