Speedo calibration

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Speedo calibration

Post by Kevspec »

I know its been covered heaps but still yet to get full answers. I have a vs v8 factroy built 4l60e and swapped to 3.9 diff gears obviously speedo is out and same as shift points. First issue obviously speedo doesn't read correct which in turns throws my shift points out including lock up convertor speeds. 2nd anyone got base setting to tune auto with 3500 convertor?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Speedo calibration

Post by antus »

You just need to set the pulses per km ppk in the tune to fix the shift points but need to update the dash to fix it which is harder. Or install a speedo corrector inline with the sensor which will fix both.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you change the ppk you need to correct every shift table to suit its easier to just leave it stock so they still shift at the same rpm as stock .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I havnt looked at the wiring. Can you correct the signal to the dash and not to the computer?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VN-VP no, VR-VS pretty sure yes. I recall the paths are reverse direction from VP to VR. VN-VP it goes to the dash via the main loom and then to the ECU but on VR it goes from VSS to the ECU then to the speedo I am pretty sure. I had to change the PPK on my VR with manual conversion to use 6250 as it went to the ECU first and did not have the divide by 5 the dash does. Stock PKK was 1250 for VN-VP
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Awesome thanks guys yeah from what it seems i can just change ppk in ecu and will do dash
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just to be clear, PPK will only change the ECU speed, dash needs a physical corrector or mod the speedo itself. From what delco said it's best to leave it as is for the ECU and only correct the speedo which you can do easy in a VS since the signal goes the ECU first and then to the speedo. You correct the signal coming from the ECU to the speedo and leave the signal from the VSS to the ECU alone.

I have used a VDO digital corrector box to do both as mine is a VP (goes to speedo then to ECU) and it's a manual, yet to know if it works as I haven't driven the car yet.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
IMA355-2
cars: VR SS T56 6 Speed 3.9 diff

Post by IMA355-2 »

Here’s a thread I did about speedo correction in a vr vs
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4851&p=69041&hilit ... ion#p69041
Hope it helps
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Thanks but i was aiming not to do via box which im pretty sure i can do whats needed
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

ok so changing to ppk only did the ecu but ive read people being able to change the cluster reading via the ecu but cant find where or how