Emulation on moates ostrich 2

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Emulation on moates ostrich 2

Post by antus »

Got a data log?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
upyas
cars: vy s

Post by upyas »

no i got the shits with it and left it haha
upyas

Post by upyas »

noticed the engine light was flashing really fast and one slow flash
upyas

Post by upyas »

So i emailed moates and they said that the xdf is probably specifying the wrong offset.

can you change the offset in the xdf?

cheers
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

its in the xdf header, to do that you'll then need to update the offset in the header and adjust the address for every item in the xdf to bring them back inline, at which point it'll no longer work with oseplugin. If you do that please do post the xdf back up for other ostrich users.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You shouldn't need to change the xdfs people been using the ostrich 2 with the standard xdfs for decades .if you are having issues even with the tune on an eprom you are doing something wrong ie burning 12p onto a vn memcal eprom that isn't big enough to take it .with the ostrich try stacking your tune enough times to fill the ostrich totally you have to do that with vs vt by 32pin setup on the ostrich and select bank 8 to get it to work .if I still had my ostrich I would fire it up and tell you what to do to get it going but I stupidly swapped it for a wideband years ago lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

There is some wierdness with the offset code in the xdf for 12p though because we made it before we knew it existed and implemented the offset in oseplugin. other later xdfs dont have it. I dont have an ostrich to see if its relevant here or not. Perhaps it just needs to be set to 0x8000 which would break oseplugin as it'd apply another 0x8000 and go out of range on an nvram, but it might fix the ostrich.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yoda69 uses the ostrich and 11p and 12p a lot just fine with both switches set to 28pin and bank 8 I just did a quick search of the forum with ostrich 2 as the search term in the search box
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I have a ostrich here let me know if I can do any testing, I just don't have a car to test it in but can upload & read from ostrich if needed just let me know what you want me to do!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

doubt it's going to help but I used the OSE stock XDF & stock bin & loaded it to tunerpro with bank8 & then read it back with tunerpro & saved to file & was identical to original file!