ALDL Cable not connecting.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
lonslo
cars: 1997 VS V6 Holden Commodore
1982 Range Rover Classic
1984 2WD Toyota Hilux Single Cab
1989 2WD Holden Rodeo Dualcab
2012 4WD Toyota Hilux SR5

ALDL Cable not connecting.

Post by lonslo »

Hey guys, I've searched for hours trying to solve the issue. Im working on getting my VS commodore on the road at the moment and id like to log some data. I aquired an ALDL cable off of ebay 2 or 3 years ago and I'm trying to connect. I've followed the guides on connecting through tunerpro and it says the cable is found and functioning. When I select the adx file, connect the cable to the car and turn the car on it will not connect. i then check the configuration in tools and preferences, it says the cable is not found and functioning. Just curious as to what the issue could be? Any help would be appreciated, cheers!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: ALDL Cable not connecting.

Post by antus »

that sounds like a faulty cable, best you contact the seller but for that long ago there probably isnt much you can do. :(
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

lonslo, have a look if its mine (Will say Envyous Customs on it), if so, can contact me via email, mobile or PM here.

As for getting up and running with an ALDL cable, make sure the cable is not connected to the vehicle when using the test cable function in tunerpro. And also make sure you have loaded a suitable ADX file for your car as theres quite a few of the VS.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
lonslo
cars: 1997 VS V6 Holden Commodore
1982 Range Rover Classic
1984 2WD Toyota Hilux Single Cab
1989 2WD Holden Rodeo Dualcab
2012 4WD Toyota Hilux SR5

Post by lonslo »

Thanks Tazzi, I dont think its one of yours. This cable is completely blue and has OBD11 on it. Cheers for the info though fellas, will have to look into a new cable.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

lonslo wrote:Thanks Tazzi, I dont think its one of yours. This cable is completely blue and has OBD11 on it. Cheers for the info though fellas, will have to look into a new cable.
If it says OBD II, it's the wrong type of cable. Your VS is OBD I although it uses an OBD II type connector. That combination is sometimes called OBD 1.5.

Joe.