shift points

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: shift points

Post by Kevspec »

afrs are all reading fine on the car but still need heaps of working smoohting etc. I had alot of trouble trying to find the correct bins and xdf for my car as is 97 vs auto 215i. if you could please show me which one is correct it will make tuning it all alot easier. as antus stated its all there but if it doesnt line up correct could be the issues im having
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

use the 11p xdf on your car, because that matches 11p on the nvram. you need the right xdf for the hsv bin which you should only have on your computer to look at, you might need to transfer some of those settings over as a starting point. since your only looking at that, you cant do much damage here unless you copy a setting in which you've read wrong from the hsv bin. you can validate those settings by thinking about what your looking at and compare to whats in the stock 11p tune and see if the change makes sense considering the different hsv hardware. if it looks hugely different for no reason then you might have an xdf problem and dont copy that value in. For the most part the hsv tune should only have slightly different ve and spark, some changes to bring on the PE/AE faster, things like that. Considering what you've learnt you might be best off loading and uploading OSE_$11P V104 BLCC V8.BIN from the 11p zip file to the car for a fresh start then changing fewer things to get it back to where you are at with less arbitrary changes that will cause you problems.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

i have tried to compare few different bins but all looks so scrambled in all the other files nothing is smooth numbers go from 0 to 150 in a single block etc ill have a look at that bin to see if helps
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If it looks scrambled its a strong sign your xdf doesnt match the file. All the bins should have a description of which program they are and the xdfs or links to them should be in the xdf thread. Note that some of the factory variants have multiple versions eg 11a and 11b and then the couple of after market bins are different again, eg 11p.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

ok so it seems that i now have it sorted as i was looking to hard into it all i had to do was change 1 table which was kickdown mode upshift kph threshold all the other scales were just spazzing it out. so i put most tables back to stock then upped that and bingo now i have higher rpm in shifts but its not accurate so its all trial and error to get correct rpm you desire.