Custom cam bin xdf for LS1 VY

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
90Vette

Custom cam bin xdf for LS1 VY

Post by 90Vette »

What an amazing resource here. After hours and hours of reading i have learnt alot.

First part of post is
what bin, xdf and adx's i have
then what im currently running and what my PCM is
then what engine and mods i have so if you have a similar bin i would love your help
and then what i would like to learn if you can point me in right direction

My aim is to either increase the idle and get fans going without bcm so i can drive my new conversion or find a tune thats very similar.
I can upload my base tune for the forum if someone wants me to send it.

What Bins, XDF and ADX i have;
manual and auto bin and xdf for 300kw VY Mafless with EFILIVE 129005 XDF
manual and auto bin and xdf for 285kw hsv club sport with DSKW 12225074 XDF

Not that i can use but if others want them; VT, VX, VZ XDFs for LS V8s

I am currently running a bin i was given
OSID 1290005 YV Mafless tune but no idea on the 'specs' of mods etc and but the idle is too low for my cam.
what needs to be changed so i can increase idle? can i simply change 'idle vs rpm vs coolant' values of 650 to 850 ? and 'rolling desired idle speed' 00 and 16 kph from 650 to 850 ?

ECU: Blue / Red 2004 VY Commodore Adventra i believe.
OSID 12225074 512Kb PCM

Engine
2004 LS1 with LS6 TB and Intake
OTR intake
218/227 .600/.600 112+2 LSA Hot cam from Ws6 Store
1 3/4 long tube headers with 2.5 dual exhaust with H pipe
3000 high stall with 4l60e and 3.7 diff
NO MAF

So far i have learnt what XDF, ADX and bin/cal are mostly about.
I dont know what checksum plugins, $12P, $11P etc is
I would like to know what other OS IDs i can use with my PCM (E38?)
A good ADX file , i have LS1 DSKW and DSKW AC Wideband - but they doesnt have the info im after when datalogging.

I can turn Vats off, change diff ratio, but i would like to know also since this is a conversion, im not running a bcm, how to turn my fans come on at certain temps.
I would also like to know how to view oil temp, water temp, afr etc from the ADX file, or am i stuck with what it has in it.

I am happy to pay for someones time in getting a tune to suit my car so i can get it started, run in and driveable.

I have LS1 Flash tool c2.04
TunerproRT v5

So any help would be appreciated in knowing what i can flash my pcm with, what im looking for when it comes it 0411, $12P etc that i see often...
How to verify the bin is compatible with me pcm and using checksum plugins (is that what they are used for?)

Thank you
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Custom cam bin xdf for LS1 VY

Post by antus »

Howdy and welcome to the forum!

I'll try and answer as best I can. Thanks for the detail.

First up, as you know, 129005 is an EFILive OS. You should be licensed by them to use it. I recommend you contact them to obtain a license.

Im not sure what the flash tool you are using is, I suspect its the ebay one, which includes a stolen and hacked copy of checksum plugin with my credits removed which doesnt function how I intended. Its been quite a pain in the ass as there are now different and incompatible versions around and XDFs using it, and the stolen one seems to have been around in the underground longer and is more popular. I give up. But its probably best you dont share those files around.

As for what you need to do - Higher idle is more air at idle. Yes you can turn it up in software, but also adjust the throttle stop so the IAC motor is still operating in its original range rather than having to be wide open to provide the extra air. Without that the revs will dip for a moment when you come to idle while the iac plays catch up to open and pull the revs back up.

Checksum plugins should not be actually needed if your not doing code patches. But the ebay xdfs might be set up differently. Edit the xdf in tunerpro and look at the checksum types - should be tunerpro 16 bit 2s compliment for all the calibration segements and plugin only for the code segment. Or just copy the stolen DLLs in the tunerpro plugins dir. Or contact the ebay seller that should be supporting you on this since.

11P and 12P are for an older generation of Delco ECMs and PCMs, VN to VS commodore.

I recommend staying with the 12225074 OS as that is the last one used by Holden on that computer. There is an older one, and there are American ones but the older one has less developed calibrations with it and the US ones are not set up for our vehicles - doable but more work.

Edit:
You say you have an E38 PCM? Is that right? If so, you have none of the right stuff, and what I said above is not right. I dont think you would have an E38 pcm though. What is its service number?

You also havnt said what hardware you have, if you have the ebay tool and its hardware your limited to what it can do.

As for the fan, I think you might have been looking at details for the older pcms. I think they are switched from the pcm. But once you've confirmed your pcm type and service number check the wiring diagram.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
90Vette

Post by 90Vette »

Thank you so much antus for your reply. I was not aware of stolen software etc, i did read about that in the many hours of research but didnt know it is what i have.
So i have LS1 Flash tool v2.06.
The actual cable does not have any details on it. Just a box with flashing lights.

So can i copy the mafless part from the 005 bin and copy to the holden 074 so im not using EFIlive OS ?

I will not share the files as you recommend. Do you have the XDF you recommend i should be using ?

ok so i need to adjust the IAC. Then i search for that the XDF i have shows IAC PARK AIRFLOW and gives a Deg C column and a GM/Sec column. What should i be adjusting here when moving up each 50rpm of idle (total of 200).

I still dont get what the checksum does, but since im not doing code patches? then i dont need it. Would you like me to send you the xdfs i have so you can see?

When i open it in tunerpro, where do i see the checksum types?

Ok great so i can ignore the 11P and 12P info when i see it.

so i dont have E38, just read that is a newer one than what i have. I dont see any service number but i do see 92209684 as a system number for the 074 bin and 92195659 for the 005 bin. Does that help? Where do i find the service number

I have the fans wired to pin 42 from memory of the PCM, just not sure if they will work without a BCM. I cant run the car and get up to operating temp to find out due to few little issues like car smelling far to rich, rough idle, and a lifter/oil pickup o-ring noise im in the process of sorting out. but a stable idle would make things so much easier to figure out.

Appreciate you assistance.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Dual fans work from the PCM you just need to add another wire for the low speed fan. Stock set up that terminal is unused
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Everything is operating system based (OS). adx files define the data stream to see what the pcm is doing, xdf files define how the calibration is layed out for a given OS in the bin. You mostly cant mix and match anything, so you cant copy the mafless part from the efilive bin to a factory one. Various operating systems run on various service number pcms. You just need to know what you have to begin with (service number pcm), what OS is on it or what you want to use, and have an XDF to suit, and an ADX to scan it. And the hardware to work with your software. Since you have that package already i would not suggest changing now.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
90Vette

Post by 90Vette »

antus wrote:Everything is operating system based (OS). adx files define the data stream to see what the pcm is doing, xdf files define how the calibration is layed out for a given OS in the bin. You mostly cant mix and match anything, so you cant copy the mafless part from the efilive bin to a factory one. Various operating systems run on various service number pcms. You just need to know what you have to begin with (service number pcm), what OS is on it or what you want to use, and have an XDF to suit, and an ADX to scan it. And the hardware to work with your software. Since you have that package already i would not suggest changing now.
Ok so i will stick with mafless until i get car to the tuners when i can afford it.

ok my service number is 1503 L03295 ? Is that what your after.
Can i use different XDF files made for the OS im currently using and same with ADX ?
Ideally i want to see oil temp, if my cam sensor is working and same with crank.
Plus up the idle and make sure i do all other settings along with it. Any good videos / links on this?

Plus is there a place i can find where people share their tunes with cams or is that not really done. Thank you !
Dylan wrote:Dual fans work from the PCM you just need to add another wire for the low speed fan. Stock set up that terminal is unused
The guy who made the loom said it was pin 42 on the Blue J1 PCM. What other wire would they use pin 33 Red J2?
So if the fans are wired to both of these, there is no other settings in the PCM i need to change?

Thanks everyone.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

90Vette wrote:ECU: Blue / Red 2004 VY Commodore Adventra i believe.
OSID 12225074 512Kb PCM
Doesn't that information describe a Service Number 1220411 PCM?
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
90Vette

Post by 90Vette »

Gampy wrote:
90Vette wrote:ECU: Blue / Red 2004 VY Commodore Adventra i believe.
OSID 12225074 512Kb PCM
Doesn't that information describe a Service Number 1220411 PCM?

I am not sure where to find it. I posted some numbers above that are physically written on the PCM... May have to take it to a tuner to get the rest done as i dont know where to go from here.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I don't know what GM's computers look like other than the P01/P59 PCM's ... I am not a GM guru.

However it appears there needs to be some clarification here about what computer is in use.
Does it look like this P01?
P01.jpg
P01.jpg (75.28 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
On the side that is down there typically is a label that has all the info about the PCM ... They are paper, they fall apart/off.

As far as I know there are only two computers that look like this, the P01 (512k) and P59 (1m).
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

OSID 12225074 is for a p01 aka '0411 aka 12200411 hardware pcm.

P01 and P59 are (I believe) internal GM codes for generations of PCM. 1220411 is the service number used by the spare parts department to track stock, order replacements and what they are usually referred to as by everyone except tuners. '0411 is an abbreviation so you dont have to remember 1220411. The service number will be on the sticker on the flat side of the pcm. Mostly they are not scratched off, but its possible.

You cant mix and match bins and xdf, even close in generation OS still usually have some changes. If you really know what your doing you might be able to edit some parts with the wrong xdf, but it'll more than likely end in tears. If you dont understand the addresses in the xdf and the bin file structure, dont attempt it.