Cal and bin write fails on ose flash

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jesse19
cars: Vx Commodore
Vy commodore
Hdj80 landcruiser

Cal and bin write fails on ose flash

Post by Jesse19 »

Hi all, been a long time guest stalker of the forums, this last week I've been trying to adjust an ecotec tune to suit the l67 I've swapped into a vx wagon.

Problem is i have only been able to upload 2 cal tunes, everytime i have tried it fails and drops out.

I have tried disconnecting the battery and re-connecting. I can still connect to diagnostic tooling so I'm hoping the pcm isn't bricked!

I get a big list of trying to silence chatter at the start of writing cal/bin. I'm a bit stumped on what i can do to make the data transfer a bit more streamlined and not drop out?

Appreciate any input guys!
Cheers
Jesse
delcowizzid

Re: Cal and bin write fails on ose flash

Post by delcowizzid »

Is it a pcmhacking.net aldl cable some other types are a bit slow
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jesse19
Vy commodore
Hdj80 landcruiser

Post by Jesse19 »

It's an envious customs cable.. didn't have any speed issues reading bins previously.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

So you didn't use the l67 ecu you're trying to tune the vx flash ecu.did you upgrade the bin file on the ecu to the 1s enhanced code or just read out the factory tune and tweaking that.once it detects silence and starts uploading it should continue uploading un till it's finished.make sure you don't have a screen saver active or any hard drive Powersaver settings that will park your hardrive before the upload is finished. Also avoid touching the power eco button or Trac and turn off the climate control etc
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jesse19
Vy commodore
Hdj80 landcruiser

Post by Jesse19 »

No, due to the circumstances i had to run the vx flash pcm at the time. I do still have the vy L67 memcal pcm sitting there!

I tried just modifying the stock bin and writing that cal to suit. What other bin could i use being an l67 with a flash pcm? Or is there a better way using the memcal pcm?

Had already got onto that as i was paranoid of the laptop cutting out and leaving me in the situation I'm in!
I grabbed a new pcm from a vy this afternoon and it connected up a lot easier than the previous unit! I decided to call it a day and ask for help before i destroy something else!!

No buttons were messed with during the process, so can hopefully eliminate that one..
Jesse19
Vy commodore
Hdj80 landcruiser

Post by Jesse19 »

New pcm, still getting "no response. Resending write request"?

Is there possibly a comms issue or some testing i can do to make sure it isn't a physical fault in the car?

I will get one or 2 sections to write then it will show the above failure a few times then write a few more? No consistency in writing them either
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Jesse19 wrote:New pcm, still getting "no response. Resending write request"?

Is there possibly a comms issue or some testing i can do to make sure it isn't a physical fault in the car?

I will get one or 2 sections to write then it will show the above failure a few times then write a few more? No consistency in writing them either
I'd be trying to read the PCM (eg. bin) reliably first, before risking writing to it.

Joe.
Jesse19
Vy commodore
Hdj80 landcruiser

Post by Jesse19 »

Due to my constant failure of trying to write cal/bin in the vehicle I've dodgied up a bench flash harness that is showing at least 1 healthy pcm, ive succesfully saved 4 bins from it now and only once had an issue with silencing chatter.

I have been doing a hard reset after each function with good results. The only concern i have is when it wants to correct the checksum without a hard reset will i run into this failure to silence chatter again? And what is the solution to this?

Trying to avoid cooking this last healthy pcm!
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Thought there was a setting to check which auto calcs/updates the checksum or something in the flashtool?

Also, if you have a bench setup, you should be able to only have an ECU connected and select "Flash PCM on Bench" as the vehicle option.

There shouldnt be anything else talking or getting in the way if doing it like that.

*Edit
And to make sure your setup is safe to use, try writing calibration only so i can be recovered/fliashed if there is communication issues.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Jesse19
Vy commodore
Hdj80 landcruiser

Post by Jesse19 »

**update**
SO issues resolved and pcm happily flashing on bench, threw the pcm back in the wagon. had a high refernce voltage on pin 9.
tracked that down to a faulty earth, got it started back on the l36 tune then melted an earth wire on the next start, found another earth that had come loose, rectified that.
comms have come back to spot on in vehicle and everything is talking to it nicely!!

thanks for the help everyone!

onto the next drama of sorting out a tune to get this thing running!

if anyone has any tips for setting the injectors up it'd be greatly appreciated!
had a look at the kinjflow calculator but i'm still not getting a start with those values plugged in for the base injector rate