Aldldroid Adx?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Aussy7
cars: 94 Vr commodore manual

Aldldroid Adx?

Post by Aussy7 »

gonna sound like a toss i have a android headunit installed aldldroid and have a envyous customs cable running to my obd port what data steam file do i run for my car 94 vr v6 manual ecu, its a add file do i need to download one?
Last edited by Aussy7 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Aldldroid Adx?

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't think it will work. VR is not OBD2. Perhaps I'm missing something. Take that back. I see it's for OBD1.
Turbovg
cars: Turbo vg ute

Post by Turbovg »

do you watch boosted and built garage on youtube? hes got a pretty insane vr ute he would be the man to talk to he has done it i believe
Aussy7 wrote:gonna sound like a toss i have a android headunit installed aldldroid and have a envyous customs cable running to my obd port what data steam file do i run for my car 94 vr v6 manual ecu, its a add file do i need to download one?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

aldldroid with an aldl cable should work, but it can be a bit picky with the adx. I dont know what features or statements it does or doesnt need in the adx. I have used OSE12P v111 with an old tablet some years ago but thats a different OS so you'll have to try a couple and see how you go.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've done quite a bit of logging with aldldroid, it is a bit picky to get the adx right at first but then its pretty good after that.

firebug has used it on has VX L67 gemini, and i use it in the drag cars cause you can easily put the phone in the pocket with the usb cable in etc and get logs.

i have once or twice used it for changing the tune and it does work but its not the easiest to find things and change, it would get you out of trouble on the side of the road though!
LM666
cars: VX Calais

Post by LM666 »

Sorry to dig up an old post.

I personally brought this so i can use it on the NVRAM. Sadly when i connect all i get is garbage. Using The1's Enhanced bin and supplied adx so got me stumped. Happy to shout a drink (or several) if somebody can figure what im doing wrong

Debug Log