I reqire help to set up an 808

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ladaok
cars: none

Re: I reqire help to set up an 808

Post by ladaok »

Yes, that's the animal, but the port on the ecu is totally different ' tiny sq thing that takes the cable ...on the other cable end is a usb fitting

what is a flash tool ...looks like ? ..and I thought that if you change the map on the computer it would automatically reset the parameters
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

The oseflashtool is software for uploading tunes to the nvram via that usb cable it's on here for download.if you want ecu plugs and sensor plugs its probably easiest to get a vn or vp v6 loom from the likes of pick a part and just make the wiring reach to your sensors
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

The more I think I know about this computer stuff ...the less i really do ! ...I figure i'll keep on collecting the hardware, then find someone to tutor me on the computer bit ..... frustrating when you have to download stuff ... WTF ? then look in a $54 bin and unzipper ??? ..... shame it isn't cams and cylinder head tech .....thanks for all the help, and I'll get back at some stage. I did find some youtube bits that were helpful, does anyone have video clips ?
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

here is a clip from Y/T, very informative https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2MfI2aNYDY ...202T did a nice tutorial on crank trigger ign with lots of pics ...shame some of you gurus can't band together and do a video on basic 101 set up what and how to instal software &c. From comments in the video, seems you chaps have done a great job on the hacking but older fellas such as myself schooled in log tables and slide rules cannot get out of the starting blocks