Oxygen Sensor Problems Need Some Advice Vp Auto V6

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Newbie1991
cars: 93 Vp 5sp V6 Sedan
93 Vp Wagon V6 auto

Re: Oxygen Sensor Problems Need Some Advice Vp Auto V6

Post by Newbie1991 »

I tested with new wires coming from oxygen sensor(new1)to ecu D6 and D7
Getting heaps better readings now but it still chucks the error code 13 after I reset the ecu I'm gonna start again with new sensor and wiring and measure the volts and continuity any tips and advice
Newbie1991
cars: 93 Vp 5sp V6 Sedan
93 Vp Wagon V6 auto

Post by Newbie1991 »

Alright guys here's my results so far with the new wiring from oxygen sensor to ecu with a new oxygen sensor aswell.
Millivolts Fluctuations are good at operating temp at 1600-2000rpms
It's over 200mv with oxygen sensor disconnected at connector while earthing violet wire(D7)
The last 2 steps say stop engine disconnect earthing wire off violet wire(D7) from previous step and measure the millivolts of violet wire and it's below 300mv and they reckon for that check circuits between ecu and terminal D7 and the oxygen sensor for continuity and secure connections if no fault can be found renew ECU.
My thoughts it can't be connections between them as new wiring which I probe into terminals D7 and D6 and so it also couldn't be continuity of the oxygen sensor as it's all new!!!
Or am I wrong with the continuity of oxygen sensor and not doing that right.
Thanks again for all the helps guys
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

I notice on your picture it says 1000mv with o2 sensor disconnected? Is that the voltage from the ECU or the sensor?

With the sensor disconnected there should be ~350-450mV between the ECU O2 signal and earth terminals.
That should be roughly the same with the sensor connected cold.
Once the sensor is connected it should change from ~0.1v to 0.9v depending on exhaust gas content.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au