TunerPro Rt Vy 3.8

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Evan
cars: Vy commodore berlina wagon 3.8l ecotec

TunerPro Rt Vy 3.8

Post by Evan »

Hi
Ive been reading heaps and getting more and more confused Im just wondering if its possible to emulate with tunerpro rt to a vy I've read you need a cable plugged into the memcal for earlier models but how is it done for a vy model as the memory is in built.
I have tunerpro rt loaded and working via a envious customs aldl cable.
Im a little scared to do anything other than monitor until i can find some thread or info on the vy PCM.

Cheers Evan
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: TunerPro Rt Vy 3.8

Post by antus »

No, because its a flash pcm it has no socket to plug an nvram in to. In theory you can still install one, but you'd need to be a guru at surface mount rework and build the hardware yourself. Tune VY flash offline from logged data then reflash, not in realtime.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Evan
cars: Vy commodore berlina wagon 3.8l ecotec

Post by Evan »

Ok thanks that was my understanding just hoping I had it wrong and could actually do live changes.
Damn annoying that the earlier models this is possible but not on newer ones.

Cheers Evan.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

There is another option but its still a lot of work. Replace the VY computer connector on the loom with a VT connector and install a VT computer. Then use the PCM NVRAM with the1's enhanced VY supercharged bin. Holden retained the VT computer for the supercharged models and the code is setup for the VY platform. Just without the supercharger it'll never see boost, but that doesnt really matter. It's just a lot of repinning connectors or cutting and joining wires, and with that many its wasy to make a mistake somewhere.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

antus wrote:There is another option but its still a lot of work. Replace the VY computer connector on the loom with a VT connector and install a VT computer. Then use the PCM NVRAM with the1's enhanced VY supercharged bin. Holden retained the VT computer for the supercharged models and the code is setup for the VY platform. Just without the supercharger it'll never see boost, but that doesnt really matter. It's just a lot of repinning connectors or cutting and joining wires, and with that many its wasy to make a mistake somewhere.
Did I see that The1 used to make a patch type adapter loom for this once ?
So you could basically unplug the VY V6 N/A PCM & using the patch loom plug in the VT-VY V6 N/A / Super6 PCM.

Cheers