Camira

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ladaok
cars: none

Camira

Post by ladaok »

I am thinking that the Camira will have a crank triggered IGN system, as it uses the same ' 808 '

I presume it will be wasted spark. or do these engines have a # 1 reference to sustain sequential IGN and INJ

Any reason not to run COP ? .... ta robbie
delcowizzid

Re: Camira

Post by delcowizzid »

Camira was distributor with single coil
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

mmmm...OK, so is the coil being triggered by the ECU, & the spark is distributed sequentially by the rotor ? can you change the spark map or does this require a crank pulley wheel trigger and sensor ?

I assume you can do this as the '808 ' I have came from a V8,

I read 202T's blog on his IGN conversion ...he talks about sequential firing. can the ' 808 ' do this if you severely mod the distributor to take a cam sensor to pick up just the #1 for reference ?

ta ...robbie
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Yes coil is triggered from the ECU but the injectors are batch fired not sequential which is why they are so easy to apply to other engine configurations. I believe sequential injection is from VT onwards.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

So, can I dispense with the Camera distributor and use the ECU to run the IGN on wasted spark, which I think the V6 / 8 do ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You can do waste spark if you buy the right 4 cylinder dfi module and make a trigger wheel but it's hard work for no real gain
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

I dont mind using the distrbutor as long as I can map the IGN

My '808 ' was from a V8 it has been modified with a Navram by Delco. I have read that you can change the ECU from 8 > 6 < 4 cyl by switching resistors. If you switch to 4 cyl does this nullify the crank trigger IGN system you find on the 6 cyl cars ?
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

I think I may have mislead people ,....I don't have a Camira, I managed to score the wiring loom from one. this will suit my 4 cyl car. Can I rewire the ECU plug to crank trigger and eliminate the distributor wiring ?

ta ...robbie
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The 808 has a standard and compatible 4 wire ignition signal. There are different ignition module types for the different ignition systems. They are all tunable. You can swap to a different trigger system, but you need to replace the ignition module with the other type and construct the other ignition system. For crank trigger its something like an ABS sensor on to a wheel with 7 notches (4 or 6 cyl) with different module types. See "How do I build or setup a D1998A or D1928A DIS ignition module pickup?" in the FAQ for more information. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... =128#p1022
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Thank you so much Antus. To be honest, there is so much information on this PCM site, it is mind boggling.

The main battle for me is figuring out , where to look for it. ...easy for some of you boffins

I'll cruise through the info ....ta all ....robbie