Camira

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ladaok
cars: none

Re: Camira

Post by ladaok »

Charlescrown wrote:Yea running the Delco with 12P I upped the boost to 17 psi and it goes great. As far as the fuel pressure regulation I would suggest you stick with the Camira setup. Other later models have the regulator in the tank and as far as I know it doesn't change with load it's done with the program that being the case you would have to run the Gen 3 setup with ECU etc. I would stick with the 808 Delco and Camira setup and run 12P. It's a great program written by VL400.
Ah ha ....yip, makes sense ...so i'm missing the IAC, checked with GM here in NZ a VN one is either $ 420 or 280 ...depends on the serial #, looked online and ebay etc have them for A$ 25 + any avise on what / which is best bet ? ...also the IG & fuel pump relays are AWOL ...will any GM make fit ?
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't have an IAC on the starion. I just changed a few settings in the program and use the old Starion wax pellet idle up for cold running. I also have a Lancer with the Starion engine and Delco which is multipoint and I adapted the VN throttle body to run all the bits and sensors. Do you intend running TBI or mulripoint? If TBI I would just use the Camira throttle body unit.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Charlescrown wrote:I don't have an IAC on the starion. I just changed a few settings in the program and use the old Starion wax pellet idle up for cold running. I also have a Lancer with the Starion engine and Delco which is multipoint and I adapted the VN throttle body to run all the bits and sensors. Do you intend running TBI or mulripoint? If TBI I would just use the Camira throttle body unit.
I intend to start with the TB adapted to the std Lada IN manifold, once I know a lot more about tuning the efi than I do now, I will be making my own IN manifold I will base the TB's on Johnson O/B V4 carb's which happen to have almost exactly the same IN port spacing and diam & this gives me one tube / cyl which is then pulse tuneable
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Tbi you can run low impedance as its only 1 injector. With mpi the presented resistance drops as you put more injectors in parallel.

Map is absolutely used, you need to choose 1 bar, 2 bar or 3 bar sensor depending if NA, 14psi or less, or 30 psi or less, and set the flags in 12p so it knows how to interpret the signal.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

If you can make an adapter to fit the Camira TBI it will have the IAC plumbing, injector and TPS. I think they have only 1 injector?
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

antus wrote:Tbi you can run low impedance as its only 1 injector. With mpi the presented resistance drops as you put more injectors in parallel.

Map is absolutely used, you need to choose 1 bar, 2 bar or 3 bar sensor depending if NA, 14psi or less, or 30 psi or less, and set the flags in 12p so it knows how to interpret the signal.
Ah yes, good thought. I know enough about resistors that S=add total and P= divide total

My setup is MPI as std and the TB merely has the butterfly /TPS and IAC ...Do all the inj fire at once , or are they paired ?

I will invest in another meter and check the inj
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

So being multipoint I suggest you get a VN or similar model throttle body and do some fabrication that way you get the IAC and TPS all in one. The injectors fire all at the same time either every revolution or second rev by choice in the program settings. I suggest you either find high impedance injectors around 12/14 ohms (or fit a resistor) because if you use low impedance 1.5 ohms it means only 0.37 ohms resistance for the ECU injector drivers. It may or may not be too low but I wouldn't do it just in case.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Charlescrown wrote:So being multipoint I suggest you get a VN or similar model throttle body and do some fabrication that way you get the IAC and TPS all in one. The injectors fire all at the same time either every revolution or second rev by choice in the program settings. I suggest you either find high impedance injectors around 12/14 ohms (or fit a resistor) because if you use low impedance 1.5 ohms it means only 0.37 ohms resistance for the ECU injector drivers. It may or may not be too low but I wouldn't do it just in case.
Yes, looks like the Camir TB is the same or very similar as VN etc it has the TPS and IAC in it
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

A couple of questions

do I have to use a Camira / VN map sensor.

anyone have a part # for the IGN / fuel pump relay

would I be best to go with a wide band O2 sensor rather than the stock unit @ start up ?

the fuel pressure regulator is missing off the fuel rail ...am I best to stick with the OEM or is there a substitute ...I'd rather just have the one fuel hose to the engine bay and no return, although I do see a couple of negatives not having the fuel regulator, or the regulator at the tank

robbie
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

any map sensor that has the right range v's voltage will work, LS1 sensors work also, most people just go with camira/commodore because the looms have that plug and you can find them almost anywhere.

ign/fuel pump relay can be any standard relay.

wideband is best for tuning, i wouldn't worry about narrowband for start up, just the wideband, it might throw an error code to say the narrowband is missing, but it wont effect tuning.

if you need to tune the whole system anyways then the regulator not being there is probably not a big deal, normally returnless systems have the regulator in the tank and maintains the pressure from there.