Camira

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Camira

Post by Charlescrown »

I can assume that's a 2017 Lada. Boy are they hitech. You won't know yourself when you get it setup with a 808 delco.
ladaok
cars: none

Post by ladaok »

HAha, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but I like your style ...NO , it is a 1988 model. sorry, but I somehow mixed the description as 2017 & NOT 2107

HERE : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada_Riva. Rally and race versions are not to be sniffed at ...the SOHC head is a do able 100bhp/ lt
and down drafted IN ports should see somewhere in the vicenity of 120bhp/lt
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Ta ... ok ...yes I have the IN manifold with the TB and TPS but the IAC is missing .... I intend to use some Toyota injectors, ( 2 Lt engine ) only as I can set them up as individuals to suit my manifold without the fuel rail. I guess the only thing to worry about is impedance ?
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

OK thanks for the info. It looks very much like a Fiat. Are Toyota injectors the right impedance for a delco? If not you can add a dropping resistor. I have a Mitsubishi Starion with the original TBI and they are low impedance but I run the factory dropping resistor and it works fine.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The problem with random injectors and resistor is you dont know the opening time which can give you bad fuelling at low pulse widths (idle). What type of connectors are they? If you can run JE Camira or VN commodore injectors as thats what the base tune is set up for. Toyota Impedence? Not sure, probably depends on the injector part number. Measure the resistance between their terminals with a multimeter. If they're about 2 ohms or above (each), they're high impedance and good to use. Probably 4 ohms is more typical.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Hey antus you sure with those figures? I thought 2 ohms would be low impedance and 14 would be high. I think most of the Toyota are around 1.5 to 2 ohms but that's not saying you may not be able to get higher ones.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Well the lows ive seen have been around 1 ohm, the highs about 4.5. Yeah I think i'd call 2 ohms the cut off, and call above high and below low. Its not an official spec. Ive never seen any between 2 and 4. But im also not a shop, ive only measured whats come through my shed or randoms at the wreckers. Probably multimeter quality comes in to it too. Ive seen low quality meters read 2 ohm with the probes touching. My agilent reads about 0.02. Ill have to re-check some in my shed.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I normally call below 6 low above high .according to fuel injector clinic 8-16 ohms your high impedance 1.5-4 is low
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

Charlescrown wrote:OK thanks for the info. It looks very much like a Fiat. Are Toyota injectors the right impedance for a delco? If not you can add a dropping resistor. I have a Mitsubishi Starion with the original TBI and they are low impedance but I run the factory dropping resistor and it works fine.
Hello Charles, good friend bought one of the very first Starions here in NZ long ago now he modifyed the boost control and earnse a few serious tckets ...haha

I think the name Starion was a misrepresentation of the word STALLION ?? ...ah so grasshopper

Yes that was the only thing to check ' impedance '

I found a brass compression fitting that takes nylon 66 tube and I can graft that fitting to the Toyota injector ... this means I can place the inj anywhere I like. ...now I will have to sort out a fuel system from the pump that incorporates the IN manifold / fuel pressue and fuel return line ...although I see late model vehicles seem to have dispenced with this setup at the IN manifold...so I guess the fuel pressure must be regulated somewhere else. Is the MAP signal used somehow ?
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yea running the Delco with 12P I upped the boost to 17 psi and it goes great. As far as the fuel pressure regulation I would suggest you stick with the Camira setup. Other later models have the regulator in the tank and as far as I know it doesn't change with load it's done with the program that being the case you would have to run the Gen 3 setup with ECU etc. I would stick with the 808 Delco and Camira setup and run 12P. It's a great program written by VL400.