Camira

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ladaok
cars: none

Re: Camira

Post by ladaok »

Holden202T wrote:any map sensor that has the right range v's voltage will work, LS1 sensors work also, most people just go with camira/commodore because the looms have that plug and you can find them almost anywhere.

ign/fuel pump relay can be any standard relay.

wideband is best for tuning, i wouldn't worry about narrowband for start up, just the wideband, it might throw an error code to say the narrowband is missing, but it wont effect tuning.

if you need to tune the whole system anyways then the regulator not being there is probably not a big deal, normally returnless systems have the regulator in the tank and maintains the pressure from there.
Pretty much as I figured ....trying to get hold of these VN parts isn't easy, I would like to keep on with the VN & other similar models till I get the thing running as I will use the $ 12p camira base program
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Vn, vp, vr, n13 pulsar, also a lot of early 2000s daewoos. Just pick them by eye. For map if its a gm brand, and looks right, it is.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

antus wrote:Vn, vp, vr, n13 pulsar, also a lot of early 2000s daewoos. Just pick them by eye. For map if its a gm brand, and looks right, it is.
Ta ...
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I probably have a pile of 1 bar map sensors and coolant iat sensors etc if you need any and maybe a camira ignition module spare
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

delcowizzid wrote:I probably have a pile of 1 bar map sensors and coolant iat sensors etc if you need any and maybe a camira ignition module spare
Heck yeah, I think if you trawl througth thes posts, you'll see what I'm short of....to save you time, ... MAP , coolant, IAC, 2x relays , I have the Camira injectors and a set from Toyota 1600 > 2000 . The distributor I modified to take the guts of an older Honda civic that had a reluctor ? set up rather than the old Lada points ( I dont know if this will marry in with the Holden Camira set up ) The Lada as of now doesn't have an ignition module ? I think the spark is initiated by the magnets in the distributor system crossing a pick up that collapses the flux in the original coil ...seems to work well. The vaccuum A/R is out of the system and the bob weights and springs are boggied with. So maybe the Camira ignition module is needed.

I will send you a PM for info on prices &c ....Ta

robbie
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

delcowizzid wrote:I probably have a pile of 1 bar map sensors and coolant iat sensors etc if you need any and maybe a camira ignition module spare
Have tried to send a PM, but it won't work ? ... so f you convey the cost of parts you may have, i'll check my piggy bank for funds
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Make sure you have a title or it won't send
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

delcowizzid wrote:Make sure you have a title or it won't send
Got it to go ...whether you received it ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yep I got it found an ignition module and map so far and I will have an iac Ian and couple of relays
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

delcowizzid wrote:Yep I got it found an ignition module and map so far and I will have an iac Ian and couple of relays
Brilliant ! ....can you explain what the ' ignition module ' does, and will it hook up to my distributor, which has the guts of an old Honda pointless system grafted into the Lada distributor ....ta
robbie