Help with pin out on a VP plug

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Humptydumpty
cars: Toyota Bundera, Sr Hilux, Hilux workmate.

Help with pin out on a VP plug

Post by Humptydumpty »

Hi ledgends,

I’m in process off wiring in a Tacho (long story short I’ve got a vP engine look n ecu in a Toyota Bundera with a 304)

What is the name and pin out for the plug that sits next to the smaller plug you use to kick ecu into diagnostic mode? (I’m talking about the plug that has a + supply to it for the security (pink wire)

I know I can hook u a tacho into that plug but can’t find the pin out.

Cheers
Attachments
E0BE58E5-5E33-4350-9BDC-8119DC5763C3.jpeg
delcowizzid

Re: Help with pin out on a VP plug

Post by delcowizzid »

If it has it in there it will be a brown wire but I think it normally goes into the passenger compartment of a vp via the 2 plugs by the battery I think
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I manged to dig up this pin out for interfacing VN-VP looms into VR-VS cars. Turns out there is no tach signal on that plug, it actually comes through the 8 pin grey plug at the other end of the loom. There is though a single pin tach connector for diag purposes near the ECU end a bit farther up the loom.

IMG_0783.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Humptydumpty

Post by Humptydumpty »

Thanks guys,

Yeah I think I know the wire you are referring to.. I’ll take a pic of it... much appreciate
Humptydumpty

Post by Humptydumpty »

Also would u guys happen to know the name of the plug and the other pin outs what they do? Keen to know... :thumbup: :punk:
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

None of my diagrams show those plugs, they show the wires and colour codes scattered throughout the diagram though. So you have to go by the colours. I know that it is the thin solid brown wire (not the thick one) in the grey plug that would be next to the fuse box in a VN-VS. The thicker one is AC request from memory.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

One brown is alt light one is tacho they all follow pretty conventional Holden colour coding blue and green temp and oil and a strip added for cooling fan etc.the plug by the ecu has pink ignition black and white for diagnostics probably a purple for speed signal a wire for park neutral switch 1 for torque convertor lockup 1 for trans temp 1 for check engine light
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Humptydumpty

Post by Humptydumpty »

Cheers