Second spark map on VY flash PCM

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Nathen
cars: VY SII Factory Lpg Police pack

Second spark map on VY flash PCM

Post by Nathen »

Can you run a second spark map and enable and disable via a input on a Vy flash PCM like you can on the 12P
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Second spark map on VY flash PCM

Post by antus »

No, only 11p and 12p have that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

I thought they did have a second map, could of sworn my old factory lpg vy v6 had map for fuel & lpg. been a few years since i had it though so could be wrong.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

It might have an LPG map but you might not have injector pulse on LPG
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

They have high and low octane spark maps and it scales somewhere between the two based on knock. Its not a switchable thing from one to the other.

LPG is a possibility, IF it disables the injectors in LPG mode and nothing else, maybe we could take the disable out. Though we'd also need to add a feature flag for it I guess.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah they did have 2 spark maps for the factory LPG from memory, I think I have them both mapped out in a xdf.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

provided all you want a map switch to do is change the spark then that might be acceptable.

the problem is, and this is what $12P etc code ended up as, you usually want to change spark maps and AFR tables at the same time, for example, between e85 and petrol, so there are alot of other tables that all need to switch to make this all work properly.

the lpg tune would certainly allow you to change spark maps (provided the injectors still work) which would allow you to switch between 91 octane and 98 octane fuel, but that would be about it.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

in the VY $06a code the LPG spark tables are 57AF to 5A1F & petrol spark tables 614E to 63BE
Nathen
cars: VY SII Factory Lpg Police pack

Post by Nathen »

Holden202T wrote:provided all you want a map switch to do is change the spark then that might be acceptable.

the problem is, and this is what $12P etc code ended up as, you usually want to change spark maps and AFR tables at the same time, for example, between e85 and petrol, so there are alot of other tables that all need to switch to make this all work properly.

the lpg tune would certainly allow you to change spark maps (provided the injectors still work) which would allow you to switch between 91 octane and 98 octane fuel, but that would be about it.
Changing the spark map and nothing else is exactly what I was thinking. The LPG tune defiantly disables the injectors so that wont work.
I do Know the LPG and NON lpg PCM are the same as I have played with loading the straight petrol into a LPG PCM and visa versa, and they worked.
The Non Factory LPG system puts a ECU between the injectors and the PCM. The Cars PCM works normally and controls fueling as per its programming. When in petrol the LPG ECU is effectively transparent. In Lpg mode the LPG ECU drives the LPG injectors to give equivalent fueling via a internal software map. The problem is that the spark map is not changed so you dont get the full benefit of the fuel.
Looking at the High low maps for lpg and petrol out of a factory PCM you cannot just give say 5 degrees advance because the advance variation is different all over the map.
Hence I was wondering if I can have a second Map.
If so how would you achieve it?