wk/vy l67 tune onto a vx l36 ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
hardbundy
cars: Grandpa spec stock as a rock wk l67.

wk/vy l67 tune onto a vx l36 ecu

Post by hardbundy »

HI guys got a quick question. I recently bought myself a wk statesman with a l67 :), i know the l67's all use memcals for storing the tunes etc on. My question is that I have a spare vx n/a(l36) ecu laying around which if from reading things correctly has a flash based tune (no memcal), can I put a tune for my l67 onto the vx ecu?

I have tunerpro 5, an elm cable from envyous customs (used to data log my vt and vx) plus a handful of adx files from here. Ive also got the ose flash tool etc ( have done some reading on how to go about everything lol).

Also would it be possible to save the tune from the vx ecu as it was dyno tuned by a guy in Melbourne to suit the mods I had on it?
Any input/info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: wk/vy l67 tune onto a vx l36 ecu

Post by antus »

You'll need an ALDL interface for these computers. You'll be able to read the cal portion of the tune, but not the OS because of bank switching. The tune isnt compatible with the VX at all, and it also isnt electrically compatible. If you wanted to convert the tune over you'd need to identify what type of tune the shop used, get a matching xdf (if one exists, it might not if its kalmaker), and compare to stock. Then note the changes. Then install the1's enhanced on the vx pcm, then migrate the changes in manually. Then to use the vx pcm in the car you'd need to rewire the loom to put a VX pcm connector on it. Your probably better off getting a VT PCM as a spare, and a programmer to read the memcal directly. Then migrate the tune to the1's enhanced on a memcal or pcm nvram for the vt computer. If your lucky it'll be the1's enhanced to begin with so there will be no kalmaker security and no need to migrate anything.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hardbundy
cars: Grandpa spec stock as a rock wk l67.

Re: wk/vy l67 tune onto a vx l36 ecu

Post by hardbundy »

Thanks for the info mate. Seems like it would just be easier to grab an nvram for the stato and go from there tuning wise.