Dear John tractor hacking

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
ladaok
cars: none

Dear John tractor hacking

Post by ladaok »

Thought this would interest some of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8JCh0owT4w

robbie
The1

Re: Dear John tractor hacking

Post by The1 »

Good video, usual story, same with car industry, they'd rather you buy a new car then repair it. Just like your dont see TV repair shops anymore.
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

The1 wrote:Good video, usual story, same with car industry, they'd rather you buy a new car then repair it. Just like your dont see TV repair shops anymore.
Exactly.... fixing my old flat head Ford was a doddle, I bet fuel consumption wasn't too bad either.

No error codes ... except for fuel, spark, and compression
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Great video on whats happening. I have a 2016 Isuzu and a couple of legit scantools that have no good software to scan my car. Total BS by the manufacturers.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

My understanding is that with 2020 &> Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, etc... will require a rotating ?seed key? or something like that generated by the manufacture.

Going to be tough hacking that sort of arrangement.

Oh so wonderful how IOT is ... Like I've said before, pretty soon door knob manufactures will go IOT and charge you every time you open the door to your house!
Or toilet manufactures colluding with water companies ... ChaChing each time you flush a load!

And we the people are at fault ... For allowing (buying into) it in the first place.
And it's only going to get worse.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ladaok

Post by ladaok »

The prats designing all this computer junk are very cunning, management want all aspects of the machine interlocked / inter woven so trying to delete or side step one non functioning sensor won't work ...the only thing that will work is you the poor bugger opening the wallet