Is my MAT sensor working correctly?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
h4x0r

Is my MAT sensor working correctly?

Post by h4x0r »

Just want to check if my MAT sensor is reading correctly. This log is from a cold start and drive for 15 minutes. MAT sensor is brand new. Motor is a turbo 304 with '424. Down spikes in MAT are from boost. Newbie tuner here just checking finer details now.
Attachments
12-october-19-mat-vs-coolant.PNG
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Is my MAT sensor working correctly?

Post by immortality »

Downward spiked under boost? You must have a really good IC system. Where is the MAT sensor located?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Must be cold there, one spike is around -10c lol If it's in the stock location it could be fuel reversion getting on the sensor? I can't see how else it can read that cold so just thinking out loud.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Reading wrong scale Vlad, coolant on right in black, MAT on left in blue.
h4x0r

Post by h4x0r »

immortality wrote:Downward spiked under boost? You must have a really good IC system. Where is the MAT sensor located?
I'm using one of those large 3" aeroflow intercoolers.

My MAT is mounted up the back here:
Attachments
mat.jpg
mat.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
immortality

Post by immortality »

I would say it was reading right except for the spikes (maybe) as the IAT's are showing heat soak from the banana's manifold following coolant temps which is what the banana's tend to do until you get up it and get some decent airflow through it. Any idea what the ambient temps were that day?
h4x0r

Post by h4x0r »

immortality wrote:I would say it was reading right except for the spikes (maybe) as the IAT's are showing heat soak from the banana's manifold following coolant temps which is what the banana's tend to do until you get up it and get some decent airflow through it. Any idea what the ambient temps were that day?
About 25 deg C
immortality

Post by immortality »

See if the IAT and ECT sensor read about the same when the engine is cold before the first start of the day when both should be about the same as ambient.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Cause it's such a long log you get what seems like spikes but if you did a short log or zoomed in each one of those spikes is probably a wot boost pull and that's air temp dropping over a pull and look more normal
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem