Getting Started Guide

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Getting Started Guide

Post by VL400 »

On a VR manual the wiring is split up but the ECU still only has one injector driver so it fires them all at once. The VR auto used bank injection with a cam sensor.
Zedric
cars: 76' 260 Z 2 seater

Post by Zedric »

VL400 wrote:On a VR manual the wiring is split up but the ECU still only has one injector driver so it fires them all at once. The VR auto used bank injection with a cam sensor.
Thanks for the info. Is there any way to make an '808' do what I described in my last post?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

injectors are on D15 and D16 but the 808 can only fire all at once (multi port injection) in practice batch fire or full sequential ignition provides very little advantage, so I would not worry about this.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Is it true that the sequential injection models revert to batch or bank fire at WOT?
Zedric

Post by Zedric »

Dylan wrote:Is it true that the sequential injection models revert to batch or bank fire at WOT?
I was told that is true with nearly all sequential setups, but I would not know. It makes sense though.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

With batch fired 808 delcos the ECU fires the injectors once or twice per cycle - in most (possibly all) factory calibrations its twice per cycle for all conditions. To get something that fires alternately use a VR auto PCM in banked mode, it has two injector drivers.

What are you tying to achieve?
Zedric

Post by Zedric »

VL400 wrote:With batch fired 808 delcos the ECU fires the injectors once or twice per cycle - in most (possibly all) factory calibrations its twice per cycle for all conditions. To get something that fires alternately use a VR auto PCM in banked mode, it has two injector drivers.

What are you tying to achieve?
I would like to EFI my 260z with the stock manifold, instead of twin carbs it'll be twin tb's with 2 injectors one for the front three cylinders and one for the back three. Because the firing order is 1,5,3,6,2,4. I would need the injectors to alternate between the front and rear bank. If I can do this the injectors will be firing only on the cylinders that need them.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I have done a 240z with an L20ET and now the same car has an L28ET in it. You will have better results and it will be simpler to run 6 injectors, and one 1 TB. We dont have a final tune yet, but will be willing to share once we've finished. We found that a VN commodore v6 tune, with adjusted injector rate and more advanced timing ran better than you'd think (especially fueling). The thread about that build is over here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=16&t=998 Will update when the L28 is running (probably after the VG30 is running another project in a 300zx heh).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Zedric

Post by Zedric »

antus wrote:I have done a 240z with an L20ET and now the same car has an L28ET in it. You will have better results and it will be simpler to run 6 injectors, and one 1 TB. We dont have a final tune yet, but will be willing to share once we've finished. We found that a VN commodore v6 tune, with adjusted injector rate and more advanced timing ran better than you'd think (especially fueling). The thread about that build is over here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=16&t=998 Will update when the L28 is running (probably after the VG30 is running another project in a 300zx heh).
That car is what brought me to this forum, I was on the Z car forum and someone posted "another delco Z" with a link to that post. I used to have an L28e manifold years ago but one thing I remember is that I would need to change my head because the L24e and L28e have notches at the top of the inlet ports for the injectors, because they are really close to the head and angle towards it. Anyway that might be good for a turbo setup but the stock twin carb manifold with twin z32 tb's would flow much better. I'm trying to get a hold of another manifold and see if I can get someone to put 6 injector bungs in and that would solve allot of problems, although I was hoping not to have to do that so I could offer fellow Z fanatics a low cost EFI solution. Since the VR v6 auto ecm's are common are there any issues with not using the pcm stuff? I think I should move this to another thread, I'm new to this forum and didn't want to start off by hijacking. I started a thread in Delco ecu conversions.
Adamesk
cars: Vx commodore and a vl executive

Post by Adamesk »

Hey guys im new to all this stuff and just wondering if anyone could help me? I recently converted my auto vx v6 to manual and my idle is fluctuating and ive gathered that it has somthing to do with the iac as when i have it unplugged my car runs fine except for when its cold, and i have brought the tuning software from ebay but dont know how to use it! So can anyone help me by telling me what i can do to program the iac to work properly when it is plugged in?? Cheers guys