Connecting NVRAM troubles

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Fozadore5ltr
cars: 1998 Subaru Forester 5ltr

Connecting NVRAM troubles

Post by Fozadore5ltr »

I have managed to get my NVRAM and comms kit to connect and emulate on ignition but as soon as the car is started it flashes from connected to failed and starts racking up errors and shows no data. The car runs but terribly and not as per the tune as I have put the same tune on a separate memcal and it runs OK. I have stacked and burnt the bin to the NVRAM so could I have possibly done it wrong? Any suggestions on where I should start would be great. This is the closest I've got to having it all working so I feel I'm so close but something dumb I've done is stopping me. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

Nicky
Fozadore5ltr
cars: 1998 Subaru Forester 5ltr

Re: Connecting NVRAM troubles

Post by Fozadore5ltr »

Here's a few pics of what's going on
Attachments
IMG_20191031_203400.jpg
IMG_20191031_203408.jpg
IMG_20191031_203317.jpg
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

it wouldn't allow you to connect if the tune was wrong.

but you can try uploading the tune through the flashtool to make sure you have a good copy on there.

few things, the data errors can often be electrical interference when its running .....

the screen shot shows you have a 3bar adx loaded, but i am assuming its supposed to be 1bar, and the fact the map sensor is reading 300kpa tells me thats probably the case ... not a major issue, just noticed it, but if you do in fact have a 2 or 3 bar map sensor that might explain the terrible running.

i would start by uploading a full bin using the flash tool, stock bin and see how it goes, if you have lots of engine mods then you might need to apply them first, but if you do a full bin write, then you know you have a good tune in it, then just upload calibration changes as needed (or full cal if you prefer)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Only do a full bin upload if you are sure comms are working properly without the engine running. If the comms are flakey then a full bin write might brick the nvram, and you'll need a programmer to pull the nvram chip out and write it directly to get it running again.

Also check your wiring, it sounds like maybe when the ignition comes on there is an electrical fault and its interupting power to the computer or creating a short which is crashing the computer and causing it to go in to limp home mode. That would also explain the fueling and loss of comms when you key on.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im going to lock this post as Ive just noticed there are 2 duplicate posts, any comments on this issue can continue on the other thread here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6549
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396