95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Re: 95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Post by vs ss »

Is the tv cable clamped up further? I’m just looking at the amount of overhang out the end.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

honestly the pic is still not that close up, but it does appear that the kick down cable is half hanging out the front the of the clip part.

if that is the case its probably never doing anything....

heres examples of T700 kick down cables i've done in a few conversions.
P1020829.JPG
P1020829.JPG (165 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
P1010497.JPG
P1010497.JPG (166.47 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
you want the cable to be torte at closed position, from there it pulls the cable out of the gearbox to increase line pressure with throttle increase!
Saintsinnerx
cars: Holden Vr 1993/1994 x2

Post by Saintsinnerx »

Sorry been super slammed with work and haven't had a chance to play with it much this upcoming weekend ive been given off so plan is to get it all sorted as best i can on the weekend and no the cable isn't clamped further up it's just dangling and ziptied to the firewall so ill have to get a bracket sorted and try and work this all out, after taking a closer look with the sensors it appears for air temp im going to need to cut and trace back the wires so im also going to need to track down a VN style bosh plug and then track down someone who can flash a tune onto the memcal for me as at this stage i don't have a lot of spare coin laying around being so close to xmas so at this stage it's going to have to go onto the back burner but ill slowly chip away at things starting with that damn air temp sensor, so for placement does it matter What runner i put it in? or is it best to be in the plenum in the middle somewhere?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Any runner will do. I found on a race engine I tuned with it in the plenum it was fine, so no issues at all. But best to stick to stock locations if you can.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

vlad01 wrote:Any runner will do. I found on a race engine I tuned with it in the plenum it was fine, so no issues at all. But best to stick to stock locations if you can.

okay cheers mate ive picked up a 2nd intake manifold for 10$ and will do the drilling and tapping on that one then swap it all over saves any chance of getting filings down the intake back of the plenum would have been a sweet spot but add the length of the sensor and it would foul on the firewall sadly
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just put it in one of the middle runners on an angle like the 5L engines have it. Extent the wires as needed. Also when tapping it as there isn't really enough meat to get the tapered thread of the sensor to lock in tight properly I would only partly tap the hole, run the tap maybe 1/3 down before the taper ends on the tap and that should give you a slightly undersized thread so the sensor screws in tight. If it's too tight, tap it a little more at a time until it feels tight but can still turn. Chuck a bit of thread locker on it to seal any potential air leaks. The first time I did this I ran the tap all the way and then the sensor was way loose in the hole.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

so finally got around to ordering an Nvram and the coms board spent Saturday following the instructions and setting it all up..
got all the drivers installed and everything but ive hit a wall..
car would crank and you can smell fuel just wont fire.. thought strange..
ran out of light to really play with it so left it till this morning thinking i'd just hook the laptop up with tuner pro but that turned out to be an even bigger mission.. drivers were right, coms board was fine but couldn't detect anything..
loaded what i think is the right file for tuner pro got it to connect and the dash board for the plugin to show but reads everything wrong from sensors being 190deg to the RPM limit being set to 87,864RPM and non stop connect and disconnect errors..

Reverted everything back to normal ( i have work in the morning and the ute is required.. ) And no i have no crank, no spark, fuel pump primes for 2 sec then shuts off but wont crank .. so now ive taken tomorrow off in hopes to track down another 808 ecu hoping ive just shorted this one out somehow..

NVRAM was supplied from antus with holden's ecotec+t700 tune on it so i know that stuff is all good, triple and quadruple checked all my solder joints and the RW line.. everything is in the right spot just at an absolute loss as to whats happened.. battery has died from cranking so ive thrown it on charge to get it right to give it all another go tomorrow.. being sunday today was hard to even find someone i could call and ask.. ( bushslicks ) is on vacation till the 26th of this month so couldn't even call the shop and just offer $$ to get him to fix it all up for me.. ( if anyone is in Brisbane and has a clue im happy to spare some $$ to get this up and running.. need the car for work Tuesday boss has thrown a hissy fit lol )

So the adventure continues! once it's up and running and finally on track ill throw up an update with some pictures ive had to re-design the throttle kick down bracket as it turns out it wasn't right and it wasn't grabbing OD every time.. was weird
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hang on so this was running till you added the nvram and comms board into it ?
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

Holden202T wrote:hang on so this was running till you added the nvram and comms board into it ?
Yeah just super rich i was getting around 30-33L per 100..

Disconnected the battery, Pulled the ecu, disassembled the ecu, followed the instructions given to me, tripple checked it was all good before i put it into the car ( coms board tested and working, nvram also working would prime the fuel pump for 2sec ) car would throw fuel into the cyl but not fire just would crank.. took it out double checked everything again yep all in the right spots according to the pictures in the PDF i printed out. just wont attempt to fire it's acting as if the VATS is turned on ( crank but no fuel / spark ) but i have fuel just no spark..
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok so its not vats cause that tune doesnt have it and if it was it would be no fuel.

like i said in the PM try the memcal it was running on, if its not working on that you have other issues.

if the plugs are wet but its not firing then you have the ecu pulsing the injectors.

i'd be checking crank trigger, dfi module etc, as a v6 only needs power to the dfi and the crank trigger for it to spark (even if the ecu isn't plugged in)