95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Saintsinnerx
cars: Holden Vr 1993/1994 x2

Re: 95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Post by Saintsinnerx »

antus wrote:On the data last view, I can see Engine Coolant = 151.3 degrees C, Mainfold Air Temp = 148 Deg C. But Im not sure thats the write ADX at all, so Im not trusting that data.

Was this with the nvram or the VP memcal? I know your probably over it now and dont want to swap back again, but to be useful it'll need to be the NVRAM, with the OSE12P adx for the OSE12P zip file at the top of viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356 "OSE_$12PV112_1BAR - Petrol with calcVE.adx" (doesnt have to be calcVE, but thats the one I use).

The VP memcal wont support the high speed data and you wont be able to log it. You would need a VR memcal to have that, then you could use a $12 (not 12P) adx. But thats probably a step in the wrong direction since you have the NVRAM.
The files from that thread were sent to me by holden last night and the ose_$12Pv112_1BAR-Petrol.ADX is the file i was using today during that log.

so the temp values im 100% sure now is because they are the VS sensors ive just placed the order with bursons to get the VP/VN buick style ones and should be here late this arvo i hope

The log was with the Nvram installed with the memcal attached like in the PDF, im currently waiting for the plugs to dry and the fuel to evap

once thats happened ive picked up another 808 ( s1? if that matters out of a VP ) to try with my old memcal ( no nvram ) just to try and get this heap started.. ive also ordered a full Buick loom, knock sensor, water temp sensor adapter and mat sensor so looks like a full re-wire is coming in the utes future cause this shit is a fucking mess..
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

So quick update.. put stock memcal, another stock ecu ibto the car wont fire just cranked tool plugs out disconnected the ecu and the car fires and runs but any throttle and it dies so did getting spark and fuel but the memcal and ecu that were in it before the nvram wont run the car so wondering if I've erased or corrupted the original memcal somehow

EDIT AGAIN: I've gone back through taken the original 808 out de soldered everything, and re soldered to the new 808, i now have full connectivity and all sensors reading correctly, still no joy on firing it tho but i now have another 2 logs that may be of some assistance.. ill attach them here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbl6sikefaao9 ... 2.xdl?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crnekvno30xak ... 3.xdl?dl=0
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just wondering, is there a return line from the fuel reg back to the tank?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

interesting. RN106?
i have /had a vn running stock 808 and ecotec (green) injectors. ran rich but didn't flood, started OK, ran and idled a bit lumpy.
check your injectors, pull rail with injectors sitting out of inlet manifold, key to reds see if an injector is fucked pouring fuel. make sure no sparks obviously like yoda suggested.
do you know what fuel pressure you have - what pump is in the tank?
as NOS suggested do you have a return line setup for fuel going back to the tank? or is it headless over pressurising the fuck out of the rail?

your shit economy could be either fucked injectors, if its like my rn105 it had 4.88's in the back but the 32's helped the RPMs come down so economy will be shit anyway
is it a 4WD or 2WD hilux? are you stuck in 4WD on the txfr case?
also ; is the TCC locking up?
and do you have the speed sensor hooked up? ie: when you come to a stop does it stall? are you feeding back from the cluster the PPK to the ECU like the OE did? IIRC and yours is a 96 so there is a sensor at the back of the speedo which has a hall affect i think sensor which can feed back to the ECU PPK you'll have to modify it though in tunerpro (the PPK value).

keen to know how you get on.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

vlad01 wrote:Just wondering, is there a return line from the fuel reg back to the tank?
Return line to the tank, External fuel pump as was originally a diesel
psyolent wrote:interesting. RN106?
i have /had a vn running stock 808 and ecotec (green) injectors. ran rich but didn't flood, started OK, ran and idled a bit lumpy.
check your injectors, pull rail with injectors sitting out of inlet manifold, key to reds see if an injector is fucked pouring fuel. make sure no sparks obviously like yoda suggested.
do you know what fuel pressure you have - what pump is in the tank?
as NOS suggested do you have a return line setup for fuel going back to the tank? or is it headless over pressurising the fuck out of the rail?

your shit economy could be either fucked injectors, if its like my rn105 it had 4.88's in the back but the 32's helped the RPMs come down so economy will be shit anyway
is it a 4WD or 2WD hilux? are you stuck in 4WD on the txfr case?
also ; is the TCC locking up?
and do you have the speed sensor hooked up? ie: when you come to a stop does it stall? are you feeding back from the cluster the PPK to the ECU like the OE did? IIRC and yours is a 96 so there is a sensor at the back of the speedo which has a hall affect i think sensor which can feed back to the ECU PPK you'll have to modify it though in tunerpro (the PPK value).

keen to know how you get on.
LN106 - Ecotec engine - T700 hydrolic box - 4.3's for diffs and 31's was on 33's
Originally a diesel so no cluster but speedo runs from a marks conversion cable

Doesn't stall when you come to a stop, 4x4 is locking front hubs, so it's in 2wd
Has spark, and everything was running fine prior to the nvram but looking back holden has different sensors and different injectors, but i cant even get it to run on the old memcal only so either thats corrupt now or something more funky is going on, ill check out the injectors tomorrow morning when i get a free moment but i believe them to be fine 808 + stock memcal = no run just crank, but if i disconnect the entire ecu the engine will fire and run off of fuel that was in the cyl from all the cranking attempts.
It's all a bit weird atm and it's bugging me lol

the plugs were so black when i pulled them out it's running beyond rich.. the memcal that was in it could have been one tuned i have no prior knowledge of the car past what i can see now as the guy i bought it from had no clue either..

Prior to Nvram = car was running, i believe i personally bricked the ECU while it was outside the housing it might have touched some metal and fucked it that way or something cause i now have a new 808, coms board + nvram and im now not getting suck injectors causing it to flood i just can crank and crank .. all previous issues are now rectified ( slow cranking etc )

so now im thinking tune might be way off as mentioned previously about the different injectors as ive got Long green, holden had greys so im thinking it's just wetting the plugs to much to even try and fire
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The rate in the ecotec tune on the nvram is right, it could be stuck injector(s) and that might have been part of your over fuelling initially too. I think you need to verify injectors are opening when they should an closing when they should. And get a log with the nvram with the right ADX and post it up. Im sus that you do have the wrong coolant and air temp sensors, but I dont want to call it from that last log because I dont trust the log was setup right. It also showed your TPS was jammed, and you had no RPM signal. It also showed you had 0 battery volts, which is not possible if you could get log data.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Check the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator isn't spewing petrol when you prime the pump. It could of burst the diaphragm and be dumping petrol straight in the intake. When you say green injectors are they an aqua teal colour of full on green you may have giant 42lb ones in there
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah if they are the green VT ecotec injectors they might be slightly different but it would still run pretty well with them .....

i agree with the others, the issues you are seeing point to something else.....

BUT if the coolant sensor is wrong or its not reading at all ..... i've seen cars idling drop from 80 degrees on the log to -40 and it all of a sudden chugs black smoke as its pretty much flooding it (this was wires shorting in the plug) ... if its seeing -40 while cranking it will be putting just over double the fuel in that it would be at 20 degrees!

as for the plugs being black, it wont take long trying to start a flooded engine to make the plugs black as! spray some carby cleaner and then wire brush them, then spray with compressed air, i find that cleans them up nicely and they will work fine after that.
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

antus wrote:The rate in the ecotec tune on the nvram is right, it could be stuck injector(s) and that might have been part of your over fuelling initially too. I think you need to verify injectors are opening when they should an closing when they should. And get a log with the nvram with the right ADX and post it up. Im sus that you do have the wrong coolant and air temp sensors, but I dont want to call it from that last log because I dont trust the log was setup right. It also showed your TPS was jammed, and you had no RPM signal. It also showed you had 0 battery volts, which is not possible if you could get log data.

The files you mentioned to download were the ones holden sent me also, the last 2 i posted were using the one with the calc ve table adx the sensors honestly i would call wring hands down, the way this shit heap has been put together is super weird so i doubt they spent money on new sensors. The adx OSE_$12PV112_1BAR - Petrol with calcVE.adx was the file i used on the last 2 attempts posted just above I used the flash tool to verify I could download the bIn files from the nvram as last time iy kept running errors and closing the com ports this time with the new 808 it's staying connected I'll give it all another check over with the injectors also when i get home or tomorrow morning, best way to check injectors? Just take the rail and all out and crank while in a tray and ill double check the vacuume lines also
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah you can do the crank in a tray to see they are pulsing (but ensure coil pack disconnected!)

but also if you just remove the rail with the injectors in it and turn the ignition on the priming of the fuel pump should show you if any of the injectors are leaking .... they shouldn't have any fuel come out till you crank the engine.

similarly if the regulator has any fuel coming out the vacuum line that's bad mkay!