95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: 95 Hilux ecotec swapped - 808ecu

Post by vlad01 »

yeah ecotec ones turn the opposite to VN-VP ones. They are electrically compatible though so 808 will read an ecotec one just fine.

That looks like a VN throttle body with 2 extra ears welded to it so it can go one upright, sounds like they fitted the ecotec tps to it instead of using the one already on it.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Saintsinnerx
cars: Holden Vr 1993/1994 x2

Post by Saintsinnerx »

vlad01 wrote:yeah ecotec ones turn the opposite to VN-VP ones. They are electrically compatible though so 808 will read an ecotec one just fine.

That looks like a VN throttle body with 2 extra ears welded to it so it can go one upright, sounds like they fitted the ecotec tps to it instead of using the one already on it.
God fucking damn it! so over shit cunts and doing shit half arsed! lol would of taken 30 mins more to make a bracket and get the kick down and the throttle blade to turn the right way -_-

so im going to grab a VS ecotec throttle body tomorrow if i can source one cheap enough and just wire it up.. make a bracket and have the throttle body work the right fucking way..

so any chance this is the cause of the flooding issue? not being able to read TPS vs cranking etc?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

no not really, the engine will still run and drive without one working but obviously not that great, ie stalling and hesitation as there is no acceleration enrichment. the ECU will default to using the MAP sensor to run off in the case of a TPS failure.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

vlad01 wrote:no not really, the engine will still run and drive without one working but obviously not that great, ie stalling and hesitation as there is no acceleration enrichment. the ECU will default to using the MAP sensor to run off in the case of a TPS failure.
ah fuck okay, so still having issues damn it! Not a single step closer to figuring this shit out,

RW jumper has been in protect mode the whole time so i couldn't have errored it or anything ill go pull the logs now and see if someone could check to see if an error or something has occurred..
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

Bin / Cal pulled from the Nvram using the flash tool
cal 2.cal
(32 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
bin2.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Hopefully something simple is going on cause shits down to the crunch time and im still no closer to getting this shit heap to fire..
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Tune looks fine to me including all the injector settings so it should not flood it.

Have you tried starting it with 100% throttle? There is a clear flood function in the tune that disables the injectors when starting with 100% throttle in order to clear any floods. I can confirm that it worked on my flooded engine when I had the wrong cranking fuel settings.

Can you log the starting and post it up?
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

vlad01 wrote:Tune looks fine to me including all the injector settings so it should not flood it.

Have you tried starting it with 100% throttle? There is a clear flood function in the tune that disables the injectors when starting with 100% throttle in order to clear any floods. I can confirm that it worked on my flooded engine when I had the wrong cranking fuel settings.

Can you log the starting and post it up?
Would the tps interfear with that? Cause I've tried cranking with full throttle in the past doesnt do anything no cough, no splutter so figured fouled plugs again
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Correct, if TPS is not working properly engine will not see 100% throttle and disable injectors.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

ah forgot about.
Saintsinnerx

Post by Saintsinnerx »

yoda69 wrote:Correct, if TPS is not working properly engine will not see 100% throttle and disable injectors.

So im having the opposite effect.. Im flooding on crank.. but TPS shows 7% throttle on cranking but will not get higher then that, then dumps to zero.. Ill track down a VS style tps and or throttle body and give that a shot see if that is stopping me..

whats got me so beyond confused.. is if i put a stock 808 in with the memcal the car used to run on.. i get no flooding, but still wont fire or even attempt to.. even tho prior to doing all this it was running.. so im so far beyond confused -_-

ILL ALSO ADD! if anyone is in brisbane and has a spare few hours ill happily drop some $$ lol.. im mechanically minded to a degree but this shit is way out of my depths, all for learning but boss isn't hahaha