Help. I think i bricked my nvram

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Northy66
cars: Fc rx7 with a turbo Buick and t5

Help. I think i bricked my nvram

Post by Northy66 »

082 with nvram installed. Running fine a modified base map then with the engine running i changed the fan on temp while the engine was running. It stalled went to re start and didnt stay running. Used flash tool to upload bin to the ecu to try to reset it. Probably stuffed some thing up here. Now the fan comes on with key on. flashtool nor tp5 will connect to the ecu. And will not run.
Is there any one in sydney that can help me?
Was supposed to be the first drive tonight :sad2:
GmanVS
cars: VS Acclaim L67 M35 in Lotus blue

Re: Help. I think i bricked my nvram

Post by GmanVS »

I'm in Sydney and I have an NVRAM programmer you can use - I bought it when the same thing happened to me! lol
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

I have access to a programmer at work if you still need help and Croydon or Mascot are convenient for you.

Joe.
AgentGibbs
cars: none

Post by AgentGibbs »

Worse than the bloke above I think I bricked a mates NVRAM.
I was attemting to help a mate get his autoprom working or another "programmable ecu" which i think is just an ecu with nvram board.
Long story short, using TunerProRT over OSE pluggin and data port I uploaded an incorrect bin.

this is for some VRV6 I think. I dunno anything about cars.
Because this device was purchased from swreasearch I believe we have the correct bin/xdf/adx files to make things work however the ose flashtool will not "connect to ECM"

Unless there is an easier solution does anyone have access to the knowledge/hardware to fix this if provided the bin and nvram chip (Dallas DS1245Y-70IND+ Nonvolitile SRAM 1549M 408756).

We are in Melbourne.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep, you would want to write the nvram in a programmer so that it can boot the computer. The NVRAM is 128KB in size. If your bin is 64kb you'll neet to 'stack' two copies so you can populate both banks.

Having said that, there are two copies on the NVRAM. You may be able to take the MAP_SW jumper off (just leave it hanging over one pin) to use the second bank. That might be enough to get you going, but ideally you want both banks to be populated.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

And you can't just upload any old bin it has to be the specially modified code you can't flash on stock tunes or modified stock tunes
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem