no spark

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

no spark

Post by Kevspec »

ok this has me foooked my car has been running perfect no issues at all didnt change a thing then i went to start and was a pig to get going and running on only a few cylinders.

ive tried few different modules that i know work tried few different coils i know work and also bought a new dizzy and still wont run.

im lost dont know what else would cause this
Kevspec

Re: no spark

Post by Kevspec »

only other thing i can think is the ecu has fried
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Are you sure it's not spark but something like a bad fuel pump?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

new fuel pump new injectors and its pumping plenty of fuel into the engine. threw the laptop its not reading a sparking angle when cranking or anything
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Does it show rpm. You will get spark even without an ecu plugged in. Put a sparkplug in the coil lead and earth it on the manifold and see if it has spark
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

yes i have done that and the spark is super weak its normally really strong but tried different coils modules and dizzy and made no difference
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

it also does flicker some rpm but it also likes to drop connection whilst cranking. i have always found after long periods of time connected using tunerpro it doesnt like to stay connected and also when i try log and accelerate hard and rev it also likes to drop out but i rarley use tunerpro for modifying the bin whilst car is running i use the other writing software
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Try a new relay it could be burnt and not feeding enough amps
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

yep tried all that no difference
brindo

Post by brindo »

Maybe check the electric pins in the ignition module plug just to rule it out. Sometimes the pins in the connector push back into the harness and don’t make contact with the module. Peel the rubber boot back and you should be able to see if its ok or not.