no spark

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: no spark

Post by Kevspec »

My ecu is bwct which isn't listed so i gotta start it all from what I can find works on the car
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You have the Injector size set for around 80lb injectors there's a lot of bad settings and too much stuff changed that shouldn't be you need to start with stock fuel and spark tables your tuning it like it's a a carb and a dizzy with a set spark curve. You need to start with a stock tune don't copy anything from the old tune. set Injector size properly to somewhere close for 42lb injectors somewhere around 0.067 fire it up and hold a little rpm like 2500 raise and lower the Injector size till the engine sounds happy and wideband is around 14.7 then tune the VE table. Don't pull all the timing out just leave the stock timing for now it's plenty safe set stock. You also have the knock sensing turned on but your sensor is toast or unplugged or you don't have a knock filter.
I would reflash the nvram in a programmer with the stacked v8 bin out of the 11p bin folder and start fresh just to be sure it is a clean start
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If the rpm isn't really jumping to 4000rpm with steady tps like you log says it is then you have massive radio interference problems from the dizzy wiring or coil to close to wiring or the coil is sending back emf into the ignition module. Does it have a capacitor on the coil positive to earth get rid of the msd points style coil fit the proper mec or hec electronic ignition coil to keep the ignition module happy
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

I now have some genuine 980cc injectors in there. Okay I'll get a new bin and put the injector specs in. Can't have any more then 28° in with setup as it's 11.5 to 1 comp but I'll try all that tomorrow. No capacitor and coil is no were near dizzy or module nor is the wiring. Also yeah I've notice knock sensor is all over the place I'll just turn it off
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

The capacitor on the coil positive is to stop high voltage spikes getting sent up the 12v feed.
So was it really revving to 4000 with you foot at 12% throttle or you just got bad interference on the crank trigger inputs to the ecu.
980cc injectors are just stupid big and will make your life a misery they are 3 times as big as you need
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

They are but for the price I got them especially after they have been flowed matched and all the issues I had with the other injectors that's what I've got to work with. Ok so I can grab the capacitor from the factory coil and I'll flash a stock bin in and see where that gets me for now. Yes it was reving with me on the throttle it's a pig to start and doesn't even maintain revs smooth
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You will need accurate Injector dead time data and will have to edit the tune to set the injectors to fire once per revolution instead of twice per revolution to even get them to idle.
Your huge bpw jump in the logs is from minimum decel pusewidth being set at 32ms so the moment the map drops its injecting 30 times the fuel required at idle. You are just randomly adjusting settings you have no knowledge of that don't need touched soon the motor will be bore washed and probably up for a fresh cam
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If you want to run the msd coil you need to run an msd 6al box via the white points wire triggered off the factory ignition module coil ground
You will have to lower the first and second stage crank pulse width tables devide the stock numbers by 4 or 5 to get you close so it has a chance of starting without just wetting the plugs before it fires. Don't copy any other changes from your tune you've set flags that shouldn't be set for fuel decay over time etc and have set scalers for ref pulses to allow run fuel to max which will break stuff and delay before using idle a/f ratio is at 0 they don't like being 0 they need to be at least 2 seconds. There's also still a lot of broken trans settings on that tune that are set wrong
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

I will try all that today with new base tune etc but i have tried the factory memcal with factory coil and factory injwctors and its made no difference thats what is leading me to believe it's not the tune setting and more so electrical or sensor issues
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Ok this really has me stumped I put everything back to stock... ecu memcal coil injectors fuel pressure etc still was all stuffed then put a new base file in now it's running fine. At least it's all sorted now and just need to retune it all for the 5th time but hopefully now she's good