Low speed thermo setup

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Low speed thermo setup

Post by Kevspec »

I'm setting up a thermo fan and getting rid of the clutch fan. I want to control it as low speed fan setup for the trigger and still retain the high speed for the ac and higher temps. My question is being a vs series 2 v8 is the wiring already there for a trigger in the bay or do I need pin out from the ecu? Fuse and relay are already setup just need the trigger. I've tried looking and plenty people say I can but no one states the pin out or if wiring is there
brindo

Re: Low speed thermo setup

Post by brindo »

I had a VS Series 3 so slightly different.
I did the usual AU fan mod and from distant memory I just connected up the AU thermos to the AC fan connector. From what I recall it was pretty simple, and just matched the connector on the AU fans to match the VS. I did away with the AC front mounted fan. No extra PCM pin out was needed and think this is pretty much as a V6 would be.

So perhaps not specifically the same as what you were trying to achieve but similar.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

I can do it like that fine but what I'm trying to do is leave the ac fan on the front as usual and have another thermo in replacement for the clutch fan so there are on 2 different circuits for use temp settings etc
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Keep the clutch fan 185kw clutch fan keeps it cold easy compared to any 16 inch shitta. The big falcon single or duals suck a lot of power and will cost you the same hp as the mechanical from alternator load
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

I've upgraded my battery and alternator and cooling system works mint but not one to trust the clutch fan at 7k revs
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

Also thermo shuts off at 60ks so after that doesn't rob any power
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

I see I can use a6 as the low fan trigger but it's not active via vs v8 ecu and needs the flasher tool to activate it via the bcm for the ecu to throw the trigger but I don't know how to do that
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

On the V6 engines the low speed fan is controlled via the BCM and I have no idea of this is possible on the V8's. However, just use a single fan on the high speed output as this is basically what the V6's do anyway (use the one fan for both radiator/AC system). the little high speed fan is rather pathetic and doesn't do much.
Kevspec

Post by Kevspec »

That's what I've done for the moment . But I do know its possible
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

2014-07-03 - aldl config 2.jpg
2014-07-03 - aldl config 2.jpg (120.98 KiB) Viewed 4293 times