4l60e manual shifting

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Spookydriftr
cars: 2003 vy Commodore s l67

4l60e manual shifting

Post by Spookydriftr »

Hi guys is there any way to change the manual shift points so that when selecting a gear it will actually shift when it is told to? I have an 03 vy s l67 auto with a pcmhacking nvram and i have the
VY_V6_SC_$07_ Enhanced_V1.2 bin file , I have spoken to a guy on the Commodore l67 Facebook page and he said i should have somewhere i can change the manual shift settings as he does on his and I can't find them anywhere. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Holden202T

Re: 4l60e manual shifting

Post by Holden202T »

are you referring to 1 -> 2 shift that happens even if you are in 1st gear with the stick ?
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

No mate I mean for example I'm in second gear manually selected and want to shift at say 4000rpm, when I shift manually it is like I haven't shifted and will just rev out to where it would normally shift into 3rd like in drive with my foot on the accelerator pedal to just guessing 80% throttle. My engine is fairly stock and sometimes I don't want to rev it out id like to shift a bit earlier and just use the torque of the engine, cheers
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

So, is this a 4L60E modified for manual operation, or a standard auto box with a special ECU/PCM firmware simulating a manual box operation?

Joe.
Tre-Cool
cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car

Post by Tre-Cool »

the tune settings dont work the way your wanting it. it's not a tapshift style box.

the way the old shit box's works for manual shifts is always TPS vs Wheelspeed.
Spookydriftr

Post by Spookydriftr »

The box is standard Joe maybe I need to look into a shift kit. Tre-Cool I just figured that the ECU controls the shifts so there would be a way to have it shift when I wanted it to, I'm new to playing with engine management so I thought the auto would be good place to start and If I could get it to do what I wanted the car would be more fun to drive. cheers for your input guys
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I have mine setup for manual shifting 1-2 2-3 it stays in whatever gear you select but drives stock in drive the info on what bytes to change in the tune are on here somewhere
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

The trouble is I don’t think there is much trans stuff defined in the vy l67 stuff. But from memory you want the “ manual up shift “ 1-2 2-3 kph vs tps.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

As far as I know to manual shift requires at least a stage 2 shift kit which has modified valving that allows any gear to be selected. And fully manual is typically stage 3.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Yeah if you want to take off in the selected gear they have to be modified , but if you bring them all down you can still make it shift early if on the floor.
For eg make 1-2 shift 1kmh, make the 2-3 shift 2kmh so once your off the mark it effectively does what you once.
You will have to adjust kick down and down shifts as well. I’m pretty sure that’s how I done it for someone once up a time.( don’t shoot me cause it’s been a long time). Normally a kit is fitted But that should get it close to what the op wanted. Just to shift early while having your foot down further to utilize more torque? I think that’s how I took it. :think: