Is $12P V112 ready to run as is?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Circlotron
cars: VP 5L LPG

Is $12P V112 ready to run as is?

Post by Circlotron »

Hi all. Been away from the scene since August 2016 after the BT1 VP got several relatively minor but annoying concurrent problems so I gave it back to the guy I originally got it off. I'd kinda had enough after 5-1/2 years. I'm 61 y.o. nowadays, so, yeah. It has sat in his factory since then and now he is getting it all sorted out. It's running and all, but had been on LPG for many years and part of the conversion back in 1990 was to fiddle the ECU and put in this dreadful ignition curve. When I owned it I got stuck into it and put in a $12P but with the same curve because I couldn't find any better. It's back on petrol now, so I've got an untouched OSE $12P V112 to put in it. Is this tune okay to use as-is with a stock 5L or is it simply a starting point? If the injectors have been changed, will it have enough scope to automatically adjust fuel trim this? Regardless, it has to be better than what was in it.
delcowizzid

Re: Is $12P V112 ready to run as is?

Post by delcowizzid »

It will run exactly like the stock tune that it was created from direct drop in. If you have very similar size injectors ie from a different model with a slight variation the o2 will trim it to a point once warmed up to closed loop temperature. It won't trim anything outside of open loop I.e idle and high load
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Circlotron
cars: VP 5L LPG

Post by Circlotron »

Thanks delcowizzid.
So when you say it won't trim when it is running open loop, does that mean that during the time that it is open loop it will utilise the trimmed values but simply not update them during that time?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

The long term fuel trims will be stored. I presume it will use them before getting hot enough for the short term fuel trims to start updating
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem