Blown Ecu????

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Vsbt15l
cars: Vs bt1 5l

Blown Ecu????

Post by Vsbt15l »

Hey guys just in a bit of trouble with my vs 5.0l I just installed a nvram and the fuel pump won’t prime and the led won’t light up so I removed the nvram and put my memcal back in and the same no good now I have installed the nvram by the instructions soldered the rw jumper cable in correct spot ect. So my anti theft light goes out when I turn ignition on so it is not vats all my fuses and relays are good but when ignition is turned on I don’t get a cel on dash so I’m thinking it is a blown Ecu maybe it blew when soldering?? I have a friend that has a spare Ecu but I don’t think it is for a auto and not sure if it is for a vs aswell would I be Abel to see if car fires up with his Ecu or do I need the exact part number that my pcm has please any help much appreciated cause now I have no car for work :cry:
delcowizzid

Re: Blown Ecu????

Post by delcowizzid »

Make sure the dash loom hasn't come unplugged from the engine loom beside the ecu when you were removing it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Vsbt15l

Post by Vsbt15l »

I hope it’s only that I will check tomoro morning.

How prone are theese ecus to failing ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

They tend to last almost forever and weird to just stop functioning all together
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you installed the nvram with the RW jumper set and without the write wire on the computer it would have corrupted the nvram. The car should still run on a factory memcal, but if that is the case you'll need to pull the nvram chip off the nvram board (carefully, they are prone to bending the pins when they come out) and write a new stacked bin to the nvram chip to start again. If thats the case its not a hardware fault, but rather the software needed to run the computer has been erased. If you did not have a jumper across the RW setting then it would have been write protected and this would not be it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Vsbt15l

Post by Vsbt15l »

Rw jumper was not connected and I had allready soldered the wire on the pcm board Before installing the nvram but it defiantly does not run on the standard memcal anymore so I’m assuming I must have blown the Ecu when soldering
Vsbt15l

Post by Vsbt15l »

6DDCBF5E-C83E-4D7A-9AB7-BD151B267292.jpeg
This is the wire I soldered
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Nice soldering. That mod looks correct for a '424 or '699 PCM.

Joe.
Vsbt15l

Post by Vsbt15l »

delcowizzid wrote:Make sure the dash loom hasn't come unplugged from the engine loom beside the ecu when you were removing it
I can’t believe it but the dash loom was unplugged plugged it back in and no dramas all fine up and running really appreciate the advice thanks
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Haha easy fix